4 Halloween Character Make-Up Tutorials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Halloween calls for a mystical make-up look,  and what better way to make a statement than to style yourself on your favourite TV series or film character? We’ve been scouring YouTube to bring you the hottest beauty looks of the moment (well, for Halloween anyway).

We imagine a lot of people may be rocking the Harley Quinn look this year but it is a failsafe option, so why not? This tutorial demonstrates how to achieve the pale complexion, strong brows and electric red and blue eye-shadow combo Margot Robbie rocks so well. Round off the look with high pigtails and you’re good to go (just remember to take your lipstick out with you for those necessary top-ups).

This tutorial is for the Game of Thrones lovers amongst you. The iconic Daenerys look is perfect for Halloween when it’s done right, and this video shows you how to perfect it. This is a more subtle style for the spooky season, using soft nude tones. The hair is the focal point of this look so create loose, wavy curls and add in some simple braids using front sections of the hair.

The creepy sci-fi series, Stranger Things, has taken Netflix by storm. With clubs hosting Stranger Things themed nights, it’s no surprise that a look from the show has made it into our hotlist. There is a tutorial on how to achieve the closed mouth monster look but if you’re not into looking quite that scary, why not rock Eleven’s look? It’s a little bit different to your usual Halloween get-up (no black cat ears are involved), but is sure to be met with nods of approval from fellow Stranger Things enthusiasts.

The final tutorial is inspired by the brand new Tim Burton film, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. YouTuber Roxxsaurus has designed her own make-up look, drawing upon the superpowers of the children in the film. Why not take a leaf out of her book and get creative yourself? Or you could copy Roxy’s design with a black and purple smokey eye, black lips and a strong contour to create chiselled cheekbones. Grab a white kohl liner to add detail to the face and you’ll be looking as creepy as Roxy does in no time.  

The product we’re rocking this month: Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen Carbon Black Extreme

Edited by Nicole Swain

https://media2.giphy.com/media/2BZlCuhDgC2w8/200.gif

http://cdn.skim.gs/images/dspwbdq0tbqpysl3cjdh/halloween-makeup-ideas-sp…

Lucy Wharton

Nottingham

Jenine Tudtud

Nottingham '17

Jenine is a fourth year American and Canadian Studies student at the University of Nottingham and is hoping to get a career in journalism or publishing. She is currently one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Nottingham! She has just returned from The College of New Jersey after spending the past year studying abroad.