Style

4 Cute Tattoos For Those Eager To Get Inked!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

A heart 

If you just want to trial the excitement (and pain!) of getting a tattoo, a cute little heart is the perfect thing to get. My first tattoo is a heart on my wrist, and I love it! It’s pretty, feminine and takes about 30 seconds! Other placements could be your ankle, behind your ear or even on your side to flash when you’re wearing a bikini.

Love Heart Tattoo
Photo by Coline Haslé on Unsplash

A sun / crescent moon

Similar to the cute size and variety of placements to choose from with the heart, maybe something like a sun or moon for the astrology lovers out there. You could even use the idea for matching tattoos with your bestie, or just get them both yourself!

Sun and Moon Tattoo
Photo by Elizabeth Tsung on Unsplash

A quote

Getting a little bit braver, how about your favourite short quote or song lyric? Or maybe even just a word? These kinds of tattoos are timeless because they have a sentimental meaning, and you could even get it in the handwriting of a loved one. I particularly love the placement on the inside arm!

Do All Things With Love Tattoo
Photo by Agathè Yosefina on Unsplash

A mandala

Another statement that keeps its femininity and delicacy is the mandala. These tattoos are symbolic and originate from the Buddhism and Hinduism, signifying balance, eternity and perfection. Again, they’re perfect if you want something with a real meaning to it!

Back Tattoo
Photo by Mariano Nocetti on Unsplash

Bethany smith

Nottingham '22

Hi! I'm a masters Marketing student at the University of Nottingham. I have just completed my undergraduate course in Hispanic Studies where I went on an amazing year abroad in Lisbon ad Lima!