jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why You Should Embrace Being Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

So, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. We ladies usually have a very complicated relationship with Valentine’s Day, but we shouldn’t. I have little to no patience for girls who use this day as an excuse to complain about everything and hate their life for a day. So what if it’s a romantic day and you’re single. Who cares? One day, you will find love and can parade your love around all you want. But you should also learn to love being single. 

Why should you love being single on Valentine’s day? 

Well… 

Your eyes can roam wherever they want without having to worry about a significant other…

There is chocolate everywhere…

Instead of having to worry about making a reservation somewhere fancy, you can see 50 Shades of Grey with your girlfriends and get to say “Whoa, Nelly!” a lot…

Also, no fancy reservations mean SWEATPANTS… 

So please, ladies, enjoy your Valentine’s Day by realizing you are completely untethered to anyone and you can do whatever the hell you want to do. Now someone please- pass the chocolate.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4