Why the Week After Spring Break is the Worst

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Spring break is incredible! Whether you’re traveling with friends, going home, completing a service trip, or doing something else entirely, it is a wonderful way to relax and regroup after the hectic first half of the semester. However, the week after Spring Break may be one of the worst weeks during the year- here’s why!

Laundry

My roommates and I all have piles of laundry sitting on our desks. The laundry has not been washed yet and I doubt that any of us will be washing it any time soon. I am either re-wearing clothing, wearing my gym clothes, or wearing my nicer clothing to class. It is eye dogging me and filling me with feelings of shame and self-hatred. I protest having to do post vacation laundry! It is the worst!

Getting Your Momentum Back

It takes a while to get back the momentum you acquired before break. It’s hard to go back to the pace that was set before our week of rest! While the time off from intense classwork can be beneficial in preventing burn-outs and relieving anxiety, it can also instigate procrastination and laziness in the future.  

Midterms

If you are one of the unfortunate souls that still has midterms after Spring Break, I am so sorry! Some evil professors like to schedule their tests and papers to be due after our break. They know we won’t be studying for nine days! How dare they set us up for failure and disappointment! 

Replaying of Memories

The entire first week back from Spring Break, I sit in my classes thinking, “I could be having a margarita on the beach right now” or, “I could be asleep in my cuddled next to my dog, but instead, I’m in class.” It is such a miserable feeling because you just want to be back to where you were the week before, but you cannot. 

As horrible as the week after Spring Break is, I can promise you, lovely readers, it does indeed get better! Soon, the Golden Dome will inspire you to #goirishbeatmidterms and the sunshine will eventually return to South Bend. The week is almost over, lovely readers! You can make it!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4