Why We Can’t Wait for Campus Crossroads to be Done

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Right now, campus crossroads just looks like an annoying construction project, but the facilities that are being created are amazing. $400 million is being spent on this project, more than any other construction project ever done at Notre Dame. There will be great new facilities for all students.  

Duncan Student Center

Think of Lafun but 10 times better! There will be state of the art study lounges and dining facilities on the first floor. The men’s and women’s basketball team are taking over Rolfs, and student athletic facilities are being moved here to the third and fourth floor. There will be exercise equipment, basketball courts and even a rock climbing wall! The career center is also getting a home in the new student center with 40 interview spaces and office areas. Popping in to see your career advisor between classes just got easier. There is a 500-seat ballroom being built as well with space to hold multiple events at once. So say farewell to South Dining Hall formals!  On the first floor, there will be a coffee house with acoustic performance opportunities from students.

Music and Sacred Music Hall

Music majors are moving from Crowley Hall to Campus Crossroads. Updated performance halls will be installed as well as new classrooms. Currently, all books and resources on music are in Hesburg Library but they will be moved to a separate music library.  

Corbett Family Hall

A new classroom building, like Debartolo Hall, that will house labs, classes and more. There will also be an area for masses, athletic events and speeches. At the top of this potion of the building there will be premium seats for football games.

The project will not be completely finished until August 2017 and we can’t wait! What’s your favorite part of campus crossroads? Let us know @HCNotreDame

Source

Sierra Mayhew is a rising freshman at the University of Notre Dame studying Film, Television and Theatre (concentration in Television) with a minor in Journalism. She is a guitarist and music enthusiast.  Follow her on instagram @sierra_mayhew.