Which British Royal Are You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

With the arrival of the new Royal Infant of our nation’s mother country just around the corner, international interest in the British royal family has once again picked up speed. After all, the best competition America could come up with for this baby was a kid named for a direction and with a rap-star father who calls himself Yeezus. I think even the Kardashians find the UK’s baby to be more worth attention than this one.

That said, though, the British royal family is a pretty expansive operation. The Royal Infant will clock in at third in line to the throne, joining his or her dad, grandpa, and great-grandmother in a royal family that includes nineteen people before even reaching the realm of second cousins. With all those royals and all those degrees of distance from the throne, there are enough personalities to match just about anyone’s. So, HerCampus faithful, read on and see – what place do you occupy in your friend group’s royal hierarchy?

Queen Elizabeth. This lady runs things – literally – and has for a long time. In the friend group, it’s acknowledged that, even if others step into roles of popularity or action, this girl’s in charge at the end of the day. Probably owns a lot of monogrammed things (EIIR, anyone?). Probably enjoys pastels.

Princess Anne. Though not the most talked-about lady outside your social circle, this girl is known among friends for her rebellious streak and for having her besties’ best interests at heart. Just as Princess Anne responded to her would-be kidnapper’s orders with “Not bloody likely,” this member of your group is most likely to respond to your boyfriend woes with a hearty “Oh no he di-in’t.”

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. This girl is the newbie to your group. Maybe she transferred in from another school; maybe she just moved here all the way from Africa. (Jambo!) Her instant popularity and admirable fashion sense may have inspired some envy from more veteran members of your crew, but ultimately, her great image reflects positively on all of you. And hey, non-Kates of the world – at least your boyfriends still have hair.

Princesses Beatrice and/or Eugenie…but let’s be real, probably Beatrice. The wild child of the group. This girl recognizes that it’d take a miracle for her to become the leader of the friend group, and she likes it that way. She’s the one who’ll show up to the pregame in head-to-toe leather or who’ll get way too excited about something just a bit off-kilter, like Doctor Who or, I don’t know…shrooms. Sure, she’s crazy – but you wouldn’t have it any other way.

HRH Infant. If the Beatrice/Eugenie type is a group’s wild child, this is the group’s wild card. There’s a lot of mystery around this girl, and in spite (or perhaps because of) it, she is popular. Not the prettiest of the group or the group’s most veteran member, this girl – if she even is one – is definitely the most talked about. I heard she does car commercials…in Japan.

So, dear readers, forget the battle over who’s Baby Spice and who’s Posh. The real personality battle this summer is who’s the group’s Kate and who’s QE2.

Til next time,

HCND’s resident Beatrice*

*Note: this is not an admission of a shroom infatuation. I am but a lowly humorist. Hugs not drugs.

Cover Photo

Sarah is a senior at the University of Notre Dame pursuing majors in English and American Studies. After graduation, she hopes to somehow finagle her way into a career in journalism. She enjoys whistling and Stanley Tucci and hates all forms of bees.
AnnaLee Rice

Notre Dame

AnnaLee Rice is a senior at the University of Notre Dame with a double major in Economics and Political Science and a minor in PPE. In addition to being the HCND Campus Correspondent, she is editor-in-chief of the undergraduate philosophy research journal, a research assistant for the Varieties of Democracy project, and a campus tour guide.  She believes in democracy and Essie nailpolish but distrusts pumpkin spice lattes because they are gross.