What Your Favorite Girl Scout Cookie Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

To some, January may seem like a drag–the days are short, the weather is frigid, and Christmas is over. Sure, all of those things may be true, but look on the bright side, it’s officially Girl Scout cookie season! So indulge now. There will be plenty of time to perfect that Spring Break bod next month.

Just like the different flavors of Girl Scout cookies, we have a variety of personalities and interests. We all have our favorite cookie, so what exactly does that say about ourselves? Whether you are a tagalong girl or a thin mint fanatic, there is bound to be a Girl Scout cookie suited just for you.

1.  Thin Mints

Thin mints are the most popular of all the Girl Scout cookies. If you are a part of this thin mint craze, chances are you’re pretty trendy. You’re probably always involved in the latest fads, whether it be a fashion trend, a hairstyle, or a new diet. You’re always the first to know, and your friends follow your lead. They may question your fanatic ways at first, but once they try it out for themselves, they’ll never question your taste again.

2.  Samoas

Much like the tropical coconut flavor of samoas, you have an eccentric style and personality that can’t be matched. People either love you or hate you, but don’t worry. It’s their loss. You’re adventurous, spontaneous, and you’re always willing to try new things. Some people might be overwhelmed by your strong opinions or wild nature, but that never stops you.

3.  Tagalongs

Artistically designed cookies with peanut butter and covered in chocolate, tagalongs are an indulgent combination. Similar to the rich flavor of these peanut butter patties, you are part of a passionate breed. Once you find something you love, you won’t stop until you’ve reached your goal. You tend to have expensive taste, but someone else is always craving you enough to buy.

4.  Trefoils

Trefoil cookies are a classic, and like you, they’ll never go out of style. These simple vanilla shortbread cookies are hard to hate. You may not have the strongest of personalities, but everyone knows you and loves your friendly nature. You’re especially loyal to your friends and family, and people can always count on you for help or advice.

5.  Savannah Smiles

These lemon-flavored shortbread cookies dusted in powdered sugar haven’t always been part of the Girl Scout cookie lineup, but that doesn’t mean they are any less loved. If these are your favorite cookies, there’s no doubt you have an optimistic personality. “Smile” is a part of their name, and you’re always wearing one. Most people are attracted to your positivity, but others are too pessimistic to enjoy your presence. You let the haters hate, and never stop being joyful.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images courtesy of author 1, 2, 3, 4, 5