Valentine’s Week: 5 Sweet Treats to Bake this Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Whether you’ll be hanging with the gals or with your S.O. on Valentine’s Day, it’s always fun to find ways to sweeten the mood! Baking is a great way to bond with the people around you and you’ll end up with delicious treats once the activity is done. Ditch the candy for these high-quality desserts this year:

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Chocolate-covered strawberries are just about as easy as it gets and they never disappoint. Check out Food Network’s 5 star recipe for this classic dessert. Added bonus: make this recipe even more cost-effective than it already is by using your swipes at Grab-n-Go to get your strawberries!

Heart Cookies

Get in the Valentine’s Day spirit with these heart-shaped sugar cookies! This is an especially fun recipe if you’re cooking with a group of people because you can go crazy with the frosting colors and sprinkles together. P.S. these also make a great Galentine’s Day gift!

Vanilla Raspberry-Filled Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

These cupcakes are on the more challenging side to make, but they’re so worth it. If you’re hosting a group for the holiday, these are definitely the dessert for you. The jam in the middle adds a nice tartness and the raspberry on the top adds a fun pop of color!

Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bark

Peppermint bark is one of my favorite Christmas-food traditions and I always miss it when it’s no longer the holiday season. This creative and adorable Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bark is a way to bring that joy back! Take a look at this simple recipe and customize it however you please.

Chocolate Mug Cake

If all else fails, go back to a trusty classic: the mug cake. Mug cakes are adored by singles everywhere as they’re a simple way to have a one-serving cake in minutes; but mug cakes don’t have to be eaten alone! The beauty of their simplicity and quickness is that you can make a bunch and you can be as creative as you want.

Go out and have a sweet and wonderful Valentine’s Day!