Uptown Funk Parodies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Bruno Mars has taken the world by storm once again. “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars could be considered a top hit from this decade. The catchy, groovy tune has won the hearts of many, which has also accounted for many parodies. My roommate and I are even guilty of recording our own dance to the hit song. Here are some of the best versions of “Uptown Funk” that have made their presence known on YouTube. They are perfect to watch instead of studying, or if you need a pick-me-up during your day.

President Obama singing “Uptown Funk”

This is a great mash-up of the president singing. Whoever made this must have spent a lot of time searching through video clips and piecing it together. It’s smile inducing and it’s funny to see such a huge political figure “singing” a top hit. Makes you wonder about what type of music he has on his iPod.

“Dark Lord Funk”

Harry Potter fans rejoice! This parody is everything wizard-related that you could want rolled into a catchy song. This video makes it hard to hate the popular villain Voldemort. The best part is how the Harry Potter theme song is tied into the chorus. 

“Suburban Funk”

Oh the struggles of being a suburban mom. Being from a suburb myself, this made me laugh because of how accurate it seems. These ladies definitely seem like cool moms. New life goal: Have a group of friends like this when I’m older.

“Downton Funk”

This one is for all of the Downton Abbey fans out there! The costumes are on point and the lyrics on the screen make it easy to follow along. It gives a brief summary of the storyline of the show and describes all of the Post-Edwardian British class struggles. 

Hope these provide a decent study break for you as finals are looming. Good luck studying and keep jamming to “Uptown Funk”!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hey everyone! I love to write and cry over episodes of One Tree Hill (don't judge). My favorite things to write about are fashion and music. I am definitely an animal and plant lover. I'm a South Bend native so in a way, Notre Dame has always been a part of my home.