burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Updating Your Wardrobe For Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

The birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, and the SUN IS BACK! Springtime is here in South Bend and as most of us from other parts of the country are starting to realize, it’s not quite like springtime everywhere else. But fear not, this article will help you create a springtime wardrobe that works in both South Bend and throughout the country.

Color

Pastels are the easiest way to take your outfit from winter to spring. Simply moving from the dark colors that we wore in the deep dreary winter to something brighter can get your clothes ready for spring and you ready for happier days. This year the color of the season is blush. I’m personally very excited about this since pink (and all of its shades) is my favorite color. Although this is the color of  “this season”, blush is a timeless pastel color that can be a staple in your wardrobe for years to come.

Layers

So far this spring has consisted of cool mornings, warm afternoons, and cold nights. This can leave one wondering how they can possibly dress for three different temperatures in one day. The key is light layers that can be pulled on and off throughout the day constantly helping your outfit to keep us with the ever changing temperature. I love to layer my favorite warm weather tops with light sweaters that can easily be taken off and stored away in my backpack when no longer necessary.

Skirts and Dresses

Loose and flowy skirts and dresses can keep you cool during the warm weather and paired with riding boots or a sweater can also be comfortable for cooler temperatures. Even a black dress can be fit for springtime if accessorized correctly. I love dresses for all seasons because they are an entire outfit in one piece and allow me to use the time I would spend picking out an outfit for a little extra sleep.

Crocs

Yes, the ugly rubber shoes from your childhood are making a comeback. Crocs come in a variety of colors and are easy to slip on with any springtime outfit, but lets leave the jib bits in 2007.

Hats

Baseball caps are amazing for when you don’t feel like doing your hair in the morning and can help keep your face cool and the sun out of your eyes during the day. Floppy hats are also a great springtime accessory that also serves a practical purpose alongside looking cute. Just a few different hats can carry you throughout your wardrobe, and the cute sayings or logos on them will keep those around you intrigued all day long.

Raingear

It is important to always be ready for the next spring shower with either an umbrella or rain jacket. A fun umbrella or cute rain jacket can make even the rainiest spring day feel like an adventure. For the days when it rains all day long, rain boots can be a good addition to any outfit and pair well with all springtime clothing.

Spring is a time for fresh new beginnings so don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and introduce some new pieces into your style!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1234