Topshop Collections We Wish Existed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

When it comes to sponsoring a high-fashion clothing line, it seems like models have all the fun. But what about the girls sitting in a cramped dorm room, trying to pick out an outfit just to get them through an early morning class or an afternoon of homework and club meetings? We, the customers, can’t survive a normal day at college in thigh-high snakeskin boots and tuxedo-style rompers (though we could totally pull that off if need be, don’t get me wrong). And so, if Topshop came out with collections more like these, we would be all over them.

Topshop x 8:20 Lecture

While dressing up for every class seems ideal, that notion goes down the drain as soon as your alarm reminds you that it’s 7:30, and you’ve got a long day ahead of you. Your pre-caffinated brain can’t process how to put stylish ensembles together, and it shouldn’t have to. With Topshop x 8:20 Lecture, waking up at ungodly hours doesn’t have to seem so daunting. Groutfits galore. 

Topshop x Rachel Green 

So now it’s Friday afternoon and you’re ready to hang out with friends and wear something comfortable, but stylish. Speaking of Friends, this collection draws inspiration from one of TV’s most iconic fashionistas. So maybe Rachel Green could sometimes be a horrible person. But who can rock a turtleneck better than her? That’s right, no one. 

Topshop x Your High School Uniform 

Remember those plaid skirts and stiff oxford shirts that you swore you’d burn on the last day of high school? Yeah, well, aren’t you glad you didn’t now? Thanks to Gossip Girl and basically any other show set at a prep school, the uniform you formerly despised has been overly-glorified by bedazzled headbands and cute knee socks and is now considered “fashion.” And so if you’re like many freshmen that have been used to wearing the same outfit everyday and are a little befuddled by the prospects of this college freedom they call “outfit choices,” this collection has you covered. 

Topshop x Kris Jenner

Why should Kylie and Kendall have all the fun? After all, Kris is the one who proves that the Kardashian butt just doesn’t quit. Why a college student needs this, I don’t know. But it doesn’t hurt to channel your inner “momager” every once and a while. 

Topshop x Sleepwalker

Celebrities have an unfair advantage over us commoners. Between their boutique fitness classes, couture dresses, and designer-bred dogs, they clearly have the better deal. But now they’re allowed to wear pajamas all day? Shouldn’t that right be reserved for college students who don’t have an army of stylists? Well now, wearing pajamas all day is no longer “tasteless” and “unsuitable for a contributing member of society” (thanks, mom). This new collection gives a new (and much more literal) meaning to “I woke up like this.” 

Topshop x Winona Ryder

This collection is a tribute to Queen Winona, who embodies the “I’m way cooler and more angsty than you” aestetic perfectly. Perfect for hanging out around the dorm with friends or afternoon classes, these pieces make sure you look amazing, but in a casual “I’m transitioning out of my rebellious phase, watch me steal these 5 cereal bowls from the DH” kind of way. 

Topshop x Limited Too

The fashion mecca of your twenties meets the fashion mecca of your pre-teens in a conglomeration that will allow you to relive your childhood. Also, you can purchase a more sophisticated version of that sequin sweater that Jessica totally stole at your sleepover but would never admit to. Good riddance, Jessica.

The HCND application is now open! For more information contact Rebecca Rogalski at rebeccarogalski@hercampus.comor Katrina Linden at katrinalinden@hercampus.com

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17