This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

This Spring Break, some of us may be flying off to tropical locations, feeling the sun on our faces and the gentle ocean waves tickling our toes. These people will be able to experience temperatures above 30°, see real, green grass, and maybe even go out side without a coat on! These are the lucky ones. But even for those of us who aren’t going somewhere tropical, Spring Break is always a much needed week of rest. So enjoy your time at home, visiting friends, or maybe even having a quiet week on campus. Snuggle up and grab one of our favorite Spring Break movies!

The “Totally Typical” Spring Break Movies

1. Spring Breakers

Whether you watch this movie for the parties, the beach, or to see former Disney girls Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens go wild, this is your stereotypical Spring Break movie.

2. From Justin to Kelly

A fun rom-com feauturing Kelly Clarkson in her prime!

3. Scooby Doo: The Movie

Even though it may be for kids, this movie will always be a favorite. And it takes place at Spooky Island, the hottest Spring Break resort for college students.

4. Passport to Paris

Another childhood classic, the Olsen twins are sent off to Paris to visit their grandfather. It has scenery, romance, and nineties fashion. What could be better?

Best Vacation Movies

1. Sex and the City

The ultimate group of girlfriends head to Mexico to help them re-center themselves and remember why they are such great friends.

2.  Roman Holiday 

Rated 8.4/10 on Rotten Tomatoes, this reverse Cinderella story tells the adventures of a princess and her day of rebellion.

3. Mamma Mia!

One of the most popular musicals of all time, this movie is the story of a girl who wants to find out who her father is before her wedding. The scenery from around Greece will make you swoon.

4. Dirty Dancing

This movie is a classic for a reason. It has hot summer romance and awesome dancing. It also offers variety – instead of taking place at a tropical location, the movie is set in upstate New York.

Whether you’re flying somewhere exotic or staying nearby, a movie night is always a good idea. Enjoy your Spring Break!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Image 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Caitie McAuliffe is a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame and is majoring in the Program of Liberal Studies and Economics. She is from Durham, Connecticut and lives in PW while at Notre Dame.