This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Many little kids dream of becoming a professional athlete someday, but eventually realize, as they get older, that that dream may never come to fruition. As one of the best golfers on the Notre Dame women’s golf team, Jordan Ferreira is one of the few who could still well make that dream come true. But Jordan is more than just an extremely successful jock; calm, cool and collected, she tackles everything she does with focus and determination. Keep reading to find out more about this golf legend.

Quick Facts

Hometown: Tacoma, WA

Dorm: PW

Major: Science PreProfessional Studies

Least favorite movie: “I Am Legend” –I still have nightmares

Last song you listened to:  Left-Right by YG

Favorite dining hall food: Stir-Fry with Sriracha

Favorite sports teams: San Francisco Giants and the Seattle Seahawks

Fun Facts

1. I’ve put Sriracha on everything since I was five.

2. Play in the U.S. Women’s Open this past summer

3. I’ve had 3 hole-in-ones.

4. Aaron Carter used to follow me on Twitter.

5. I have the world’s worst sock tan.

What is your favorite memory at Notre Dame so far?

The Christmas party hosted by our athletic teams for local pediatric oncology kids and their families. It’s a night of games, food, and fun activities for everyone. It’s amazing to see the joy on their faces!

As a college athlete, you have to work and train hard all the time. Despite the early practices and time commitment, what is the best thing about being on the Notre Dame golf team?

SO MUCH FOOD. I also love having a great group of friends who share the same passion for golf that I have. They are also the few people on campus who can I commiserate with during 6am workouts on Friday mornings.

Jordan with her teammates.

What is something that most people don’t know about the golf team?

We all have stripper names. The upperclassmen give them to the freshman the first week of school. Mine’s Misty because I’m from Washington, and its always misty and rainy there.

What is the strangest piece of advice you’ve ever received?

My grandma told me that Oreos are healthy because they have dairy in them. I swear I’m not making this up.

Jordan with her two little sisters.

If you had to relocate to any other place in the world (outside of the US) tomorrow, where would you go and why?

I watched Frozen with my little sisters during break, and Arendale seems like a really great place to live.

What advice or encouragement would you give to other young women interested in sports about being successful?

I think it’s important to have realistic goals and a plan to achieve them. This lays down a foundation for future success. There are few things more rewarding than realizing your dreams.

If you didn’t play golf, is there any other sport you would want to do?

I’ve always loved skiing and if I didn’t have to commit so much time to golf, I would want to pursue it. Since it’s so close to Washington, my family and I go skiing in Canada pretty often. I love Black Diamonds so the “mountains” in Michigan make me sad. I actually like falling down because you never get better unless you fail sometimes.

Who is your greatest inspiration?

My 12 year old sister, Montgomery. Boys actually fight over her at school.

Thanks for the interview, Jordan! You can find Jordan in PW, on the golf course, or on the Notre Dame Women’s golf poster.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images provided by interviewee.

Therese is a sophomore at Notre Dame and is planning on majoring in English with a Business Economics minor. Her hobbies include participating in the Women's Boxing Club, taking Harry Potter quizzes on QuizUp, making crafts with Kanye West quotes on them, and trying to emulate Mindy Kaling. She volunteers at the Family Justice Center in South Bend and is passionate about advocating for women who can't advocate for themselves. If things go as planned, in seven years she'll be a wildly successful prosecution lawyer, an award-winning novelist, and a certified skydiver. Her favorite quote is, "The more you talk about negative things in your life, the more you call them in. Speak victory not defeat" (Joel Osteen).