This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Over the past few weeks, I decided to try all the Rishi tea flavors that the Huddle is currently offering. This may or may not be related to the fact I gave up coffee for Lent. I ordered plenty of tea, and within three separate categories (green, black, and herbal), I ranked the teas from best to worst.

Green Teas

1. Jade Cloud

Pure, smooth, and delicious green tea. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

2. Matcha Super Green

This was pretty dang good! Matcha is a terrifically rich green tea that makes you feel super healthy after drinking it, or even just saying the word “matcha”.

3. Tropical Green

I wasn’t sure what to expect, as I usually prefer plain green teas. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this tea! It’s especially good on a cloudy, cold day, when you want nothing more than be on spring break somewhere sunny and warm!

4. Jasmine

Another “combo” green, with jasmine flower added to it. Often I find that jasmine overwhelms the green tea flavor; the Rishi version is present but not too overwhelming. However, I really like green tea, and adding jasmine seems unnecessary to me, as I think only about the taste of jasmine instead of the green tea.

Black Teas

1. Earl Grey

This is Earl Grey done right: smooth, dark, with a hint of lemon to balance it out. I’m practically sharing scones and gossip with the Queen of England when I drink this tea.

2. Masala Chai

Normally, I prefer my chai in Starbucks lattes, but the Masala Chai was quite tasty. It’s perfect for cold, rainy/snowy days when you need a drink to warm you up. Be warned, though, this chai is on the spicier side.

3. English Breakfast

Overall, not bad. English Breakfast isn’t my favorite tea, but to be fair, I’m normally drinking the airplane version while traveling. The Rishi version is a much higher quality tea. I do recommend putting some milk in there, though (or coffee creamer if you’re adventurous).

4. Mango

Not terrible, but not super potent either (and I definitely over-brewed this one!). I love mango flavor and was left wanting more; maybe if it was an herbal tea, the mango flavor would be better. However, if gentle teas are your thing, this one is perfect because you can still taste the mango; it’s just not overtly present.

Herbal Teas

1. Peppermint

Peppermint is already a personal favorite of mine, and the Rishi version did not disappoint! Perfectly minty, perfectly tasty; 10/10.

2. Blueberry and Hibiscus

This tea smells amazing in the bag! I also enjoyed drinking it, though from smelling it I thought I would taste more blueberry. Once brewed, the hibiscus really fights the blueberry for attention. All in all, a solid combo of fruit and flower flavors that go well together.

3. Chamomile Medley

If you like really flowery, fragrant tea, this is for you! The Rishi chamomile medley is a pretty balanced blend that smells like a flower garden. However, my tea bag let a little bit of the grass through, so I wasn’t super excited to drink that!

4. Chocolate and Cinnamon (actually a pu-erh tea)

This tea wasn’t promising from the start because “chocolate” flavored teas kind of freak me out. This variety didn’t redeem them for me. The main problem is that I desperately want to drink hot chocolate afterward to satisfy my chocolate craving; tea cannot serve this purpose for me.

Happy tea drinking!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Source: 1, 2

Images: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7; image 1 provided by author

Katie Surine

Notre Dame

Katie is a senior (where did the time go???!!!) living in Lewis Hall. From Baltimore, MD, Katie is pursuing a double major in Vocal Music and Anthropology. Besides writing for HCND, she sings with Opera Notre Dame, choral groups, and she is a pianist for Lewis Hall weekly Mass and Lucenarium, or "Luce" for short. Other interests include baking, reading, traveling, composing, and all things Italian.