Summer Trends Guaranteed to Sizzle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

As we pack our sweaters and parkas away to be stored until we return to ND in the fall. You can’t help but scan over your warm weather wardrobe and question if it’s up to par for this summer. There are some new trends coming in and there are some old trends that are making their way back. Here are some ideas to brighten up your summer style for the upcoming months:

Off the Shoulder Shirts:

This style is completely retro, but it is definitely back in. Off the Shoulder shirts are a perfect way to get some sun-kissed shoulders while also looking fabulous. You can dress it up or dress it down. Make it look beachy or classic chic.

Colored Sunglass Lenses:

These have been popular since last summer, but instead of the classic frames try something new. Go super retro with a round pair or even something more extreme if you can find it. They are fun, flirty and definitely a great addition to your ensemble.

Gladiator Sandals:

Gladiator sandals have been popular for a couple summers now, but with each summer the laces get higher and higher. Try a pair that goes all the way up to your knee or try ones with a little bit of a block heel.

Shirt Dresses:

Tom-boy chic will never go out of style, and these shirt dresses are the perfect addition to your closet. They are effortlessly cool and are super comfortable. If you want to look like you put effort into your outfit but actually want to do it, throw one of these on.

Cropped Wide Leg Pants:

If you are feeling extremely adventurous, try cropped wide leg pants. They are a great transitional pant from shorts to full pants if you really aren’t sure how to deal with the weather. They are a great alternative to the traditional sundress.

Bucket Bags:

Once the school year is over I am so excited to ditch my backpack and turn to something much lighter to hold my necessities. Bucket Bags hold deceivingly a lot of stuff and look great with pretty much any casual outfit. They are perfect for the entire summer.

Flatform Sandals:

90s fashion may have had some styles that were completely outrageous and uncalled for, but these sandals are back in. They are a great way to add some height without a heel or the pain. Wear them casually or dress them up. 

I hope these ideas helped! Have a stylish summer!

All pieces are linked in the Images down below!

XOXO

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Hannah Dunn

Notre Dame

Hannah Dunn is a sophomore Marketing and Film, Television and Theater major at ND. Born and raised in Westchester, NY, Hannah loves to lax it up with the Women's Club Lacrosse Team, but is never opposed to a Netflix and chill. If you need a good Ben and Jerry's ice cream recommendation be sure to ask her.