burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Style As Seen at ND

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

We’ve all been there: You wake up in the mornin’ feelin’ like P-Diddy. You grab your backpack you’re out the door you’re gonna hit the city. You’ve tried on all your clothes (clothes) only to realize that the adorable outfit you chose according to the afternoon’s sunny and 68 °F weather forecast was not intended for the current brisk 8 am 43 °F.  Cue the rain.

For college students with no time to change in between their morning and afternoon classes, dressing for the spring weather may prove particularly challenging. Check out how some of your fellow collegiettes are rising to the challenge and learn how you too can reproduce their fabulous spring look!

1. Emily N.

With her light, patterned pants and denim jacket, Emily is ready for the whatever weather mother nature throws at her – be it a cool breeze or warm sunshine. Plus, her sandals are “comfy shoes,” giving her the support she needs for walking around campus all day long.

Pants: Scotch&Soda

Jacket: H&M

Sandals: Borne (from Nordstrom’s)

2. Sienna D.

Mixing prints is “the thing” this season, as in Sienna’s bold combination of a city-scape tee with a striped jacket. Some clunky gold jewelry completes this comfy yet stylish look.

Jacket, shirt, necklace, earrings: Forever 21

Shorts: Charlotte Russe

3. Natalie M.

Disappointed that the blooming flowers can only be seen outside the classroom, Her Campus’s own Natalie Mayer has decided to bring a pop of color inside. She dresses up her bright sundress with neutral toned wedges and always remembers an umbrella because, as we all know, South Bend weather is unpredictable!

Dress: Lilly Pulitzer

Shoes: Michael Kors

Umbrella: Victoria’s Secret PINK

4. Maggie M.

For a cute and casual look, Maggie accents her basic white tee with a vibrant Spanish scarf. Adding unique accessories, such as her scarf and bracelets, is a great way to create a variety of outfits using the same essentials.

Scarf: Spain

Pants, shoes: H&M

Bracelets: Alex and Ani Charm Bracelet and her Harry Potter bracelet

5. Julia S.

For Julia comfort is a must. She spices up a basic tank and cozy sweater with flowy, patterned shorts that are both fashionable and won’t get annoying mid-way through the day.

Shorts: Top Shop at Nordstrom’s

Tank: Target

Shoes: DSW

6. Allison A.

Allison “blocks” a pair of black shorts with a red top to create a sophisticated look, perfect for both in and outside the classroom. To complement this eye-catching contrast of color, she adds a simple white statement necklace and strappy sandals.

Top: Francesca’s

Bottoms: Marshalls

Sandals: Ralph Lauren

Necklace: Forever 21

With a little inspiration from these six stylish girls, you’ll be ready to hit the city this spring!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images:1, 2-7 author’s own (editing credit: Allison Angeli)

Nicole (noun): 1. Writer & Marketing and Publicity Director for Her Campus Notre Dame 2. Junior Neuroscience and Behavior major 3. Avid Traveler 4. Lover of Languages 5. Coffee Enthousiast 6. Laughing Queen (can't dance)