This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Your midterms are over, your papers are written, and (hopefully) you have regained a fraction of your sanity. This week, whether you are lounging poolside, cuddled up with your dog at home, or en route to some other fabulous destination, you are going to need a killer playlist to celebrate SB2K15. I’ve compiled a few fun, upbeat favorites of mine in the hopes that no matter where you are, your thoughts will be a little sunnier and your mood a little brighter.

The Sound of Sunshine by Michael Franti & Spearhead

I am not a morning person, but this song makes me want to wake up cheerful, knowing everything is going to be okay, especially after this particular round of midterms.

Dreaming by Smallpools

Convertible and sunglasses regrettably not included with this song.

Giving Up the Gun by Vampire Weekend

Vampire Weekend is my favorite band, and trying to choose only one of their songs for this playlist was painful. I can’t resist… go listen to Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa too. 

Oh Cecelia by The Vamps

I love the cheerful, boyband-y vibe of this song. I also love to sing the multi-part harmony using a different voice each time. My roommates do not love this.

Accidentally In Love by Counting Crows

Is it possible to be sad after belting this song at the top of your lungs? Scientific studies say no.

Coastin’ by Cisco Adler

The #1 feel good song in my arsenal.

Beach by LUUL (feat. Amanda Roi)

If you’re on a beach, this is probably a good soundtrack for your mood. If you’re not on a beach, you are 100% allowed to pretend.

Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran

Relax and let Ed Sheeran sing you to sleep for your next well-deserved Spring Break nap.

Pumpin Blood by NONONO

Sometimes you need a song that is the musical equivalent of an espresso shot. This is that song.

Some Like It Hot by Neon Hitch (feat. Kinetics)

Nobody’s SB is complete without at least one good dance song.

Sugar by Maroon 5

I’m going to close this with the song that has been stuck in my head for probably a month now. And with that, Adam Levine and I wish you a wonderful, fun-filled Spring Break!

Go Irish!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Image provided by author

Ariana Zlioba is a sophomore Political Science major and a proud resident of Pasquerilla West Hall. She spends her free time exploring every minor Notre Dame has to offer and imagining the editor's notes she will write after she succeeds Anna Wintour as editor-in-chief of Vogue. Here is what she likes: Stephen Colbert, high heels, and that coconut coffee Waddick's has sometimes. Here is what she doesn't like: Permacloud. At any given moment you'll most likely catch her dashing across campus in between meetings, Dance Co. rehearsals, and other meetings.