Ryan Royalty: Lauren Janek

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Meet Lauren Janek, Ryan Hall’s beloved VP and one of the most fun and hilarious gals at ND! Lauren was kind enough to answer some questions about her life here on campus – get to know this awesome Ryan resident!

Name: Lauren Janek

Year: Junior

Hometown: Chicago, IL

Major: Finance

Dorm: Ryan Hall!

Any Nickname(s)? LJ, Lo

What activities are you involved in on campus? I definitely like to keep myself busy! I’m Vice President of Ryan Hall and Captain of our B Flag Football team. Outside of Ryan, I am involved in Unleashed Impact Investing, kiND, SIBC, UWIB, Wall Street Club, and I tutor at the Learning Resource Center.

If you had to pick just one of those, which activity is your favorite? It’s hard to pick one, but I absolutely love everything I do in Ryan. We have such an amazing community and the most incredible group of girls. I truly love every single one of them! I love coming home to such a special place every day, and I want to be able to make Ryan feel like home for every girl that lives there.

What did you do last summer? I worked for IrishAngels, a Notre Dame angel investing group in Chicago, while living in the city. Beyond work, I did a lot of roaming around the city, ballet, and yoga!

Favorite study spot: I’m always in the library.

Shoulda Lived in Ryan: Life as a Wildcat

What’s your favorite part about living in Ryan? What’s not to love about living in Ryan? I would have to say the girls are my favorite part. I have made so many incredible friends in Ryan and whenever I see a Wildcat on campus it’s the best part of my day.

What is your favorite memory at ND? I have had so many amazing memories over the past couple of years here, but some of my favorites are playing Knockout with my Ryan girls late at night on the Bookstore courts. I’m absolutely terrible at basketball, but I’ve had some of the best laughs with them out there!

What do you wish you had known going into freshman year? I wish I knew to just be friends with everyone! You can make the greatest friends in all sorts of places – from classes, to clubs, to your dorm, to pretty much anywhere.

Fun Facts

N’Sync or Backstreet Boys? Backstreet Boys

Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds? Ryan Gosling

Coffee or tea? Definitely coffee – a nice late-afternoon coffee has become a must for me!

Favorite Taylor Swift song? It’s hard to pick just one, but my ultimate favorite, “I’d Lie”, was never officially released but I sure wish it was.  

Favorite season? Summer!

Fave junk food? I’m a sucker for Nutella.

Favorite restaurant in South Bend? The Evil Czech Brewery

Favorite celebrity couple? Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds

Fave Rom Com? Stuck in Love – I’ve probably watched it 15 times and I still cry a little every time.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I really hope to be in Chicago doing investment banking. We’ll see what the future holds!

Who is your biggest role model? Definitely my mom. She’s encouraged me every single day of my life to always do my best and she’s showed me what it’s like to be an amazing mom and a great businesswoman. She’s my best friend.

Most embarrassing moment at ND? I am an extremely clumsy person, so I tend to embarrass myself most days. Just last week, I was walking out of the library and I tripped over a stick on the sidewalk and COMPLETELY wiped out. There was this girl across the quad who just stared at me the entire time, which made it way more embarrassing than necessary.

Three words that people would use to describe you?  Smiley, Outgoing, Creative

What’s a random fact that few people know? I’ve done ballet since I was three years old!

If you only had one day left at ND, how/where would you spend it? Gosh, that’s tough! I don’t know exactly how I’d spend the whole day, but it would definitely include a nice walk/bike ride around campus and the lakes and some late night Knockout with my girls.

Thanks for sharing with us Lauren!

XOXO, HCND

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: provided by interviewee