This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Professional sports are a boys’ club, particularly ultimate fighting. But with an undefeated record, an Olympic medal, and some of the sickest hair in the octagon, Ronda Rousey is giving the guys a run for their money. Here’s a rundown of why you might have just found your new #WomanCrushWednesday.

She’s undefeated

Rousey is one of MMA’s top fighters…and for good reason. Her average fight time is 4 minutes, 17 seconds. The UFC average is nearly 10 minutes. 

She’s an Olympian

She qualified for the Olympic team for the first time at age in 2004 at age 17, the youngest Judo fighter in the Games. She was also the first American female ever to place in Olympic Judo, bringing home a bronze medal in 2008. 

She’s an MMA pioneer

She was the first ever (and is still the) UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion. 

She wants athletes to be held accountable

On the heels of Anderson ‘The Spider’ Silva testing positive for performance enhancing drugs, Rousey called for more rigorous testing of MMA fighters saying “I thought it was a real shame that I was being tested more stringently at 16 than as a world-champion fighter… It’s another human being [hitting] another human being harder….these people are taking unnatural levels of punishment, and something bad is going to happen.”

She’s branching out

Can’t stomach even Rousey’s notoriously short matches? You can find her on the big screen, in upcoming appearances in “Expendables 3” and “Fast and Furious 7.”

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1234, 5