Popular Podcasts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Thinking of a way to make that ten minute walk to class a bit more productive? Wondering what you can listen to after exhausting your Spotify playlists? Try listening to podcasts! They are audible stories, jokes, and tales at the push of a button. Podcasts are free, don’t use up data (if you download them), and cover a wide range of topics. To get you hooked on the most underrated form of audible stories, check out my top five suggestions of some of the best podcasts out there today.

For the Sports Fans:

Pardon My Take from Barstool Sports

I listen to every single PMT podcast and cannot recommend it enough. Big Cat and PFT Commenter from Barstool team up three times a week to talk about everything and anything sports. Their “takes” range from “Football Guy of the Week” to “Tiger Woods Who’s Back of the Week” to a “Friday Roast”. Every take will have you howling with laughter while also hearing about the latest news in the sporting world.

For the Future Journalist:

Serial from This American Life

Serial was the reason I started listening to podcasts. Each season tells a true story that Sarah Koenig reports on every week. This podcast will have you on the edge of your seat as you listen to trial testimonies, analyze critical case information with Sarah, and listen to interviews with people involved in the case. You will not want to put your phone down!

For the Romantic:

Modern Love from WBUR

Popular personalities read modern love stories. It is as simple and as beautiful as that. The podcast is based on a popular series in The New York Times’ Magazine that has readers submit their own essays about modern love. Every story is unique and gives an interesting perspective on this crazy little thing called love.

For the Best Friends:

2 Dope Queens from WNYC Studios

Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams are best friends who host this hilarious comedy show in New York City. They talk with fellow comedians and tell their own stories about romance, race, living in New York, sex, hair, and so much more. Their stories will make you laugh, cringe, and laugh some more.

For the Historians:

Lore from Aaron Mahnke

What’s even better than fiction? The truth. Or at least Lore likes to think so! Lore is a bi-weekly podcast that tells the historical tales about modern fears, tragic events, and superstitions. It is the perfect podcast to listen to on a dark, scary night!

Now grab some headphones, download some podcasts, and get listening!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!. 

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

S. Riker

Notre Dame

.