This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

This past weekend Notre Dame took on a long time rival, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

It was hard for me to say “Suck it, Yellow Jackets” because my old high school’s mascot has the same mascot. But overall, it was a great win for the Irish. We were seeded to lose and referred to as “underdogs” repeatedly by multiple new sources but we “swatted” away those rumours.

I woke up the morning of the game and got dressed and ready with my friends.

We headed out to the parking lot to get our tailgate on!

Once we got out to the Joyce Parking Lot the first thing we saw was a guy in a super cool ND suit. We have absolutely no idea who he is, but we got a super cool picture with him, while his friends were laughing at us.

We then met up with some of my friends at a completely different tailgate after wandering around like lost puppies for a few hours. I ended up photobombing a ROTC picture.

After that we headed over to the stadium for some good old football.

Gametime:

First Quarter:

(8:20): Deshone Kizer passes a hail Mary 46 yards to Will Fuller getting the Irish their first touchdown of the night. 7-0

Second Quarter:

(5:26): The Jackets fight back with a touchdown by Patrick Skov. The two teams are tied at 7-7

(1:40): CJ Prosise runs for another touchdown bringing the game to a close 13-7, Irish steal in the lead. Cue me going up for 13 push-ups.

Third Quarter:

(12:10): Justin Yoon kicks an impressive field goal, 29 yards! Not much action this quarter.

Fourth Quarter:

(13:54): Procise gets a close-call one yard touchdown. 23-7

(6:58): Procise is back with the second amazing Hail Mary of the game, running 91 yards. The crowd goes insane!! 30-7

(0:48): Georgia won’t quit even with less than a minute on the clock. Patrick Skov gets another touchdown. Irish fans laugh it off, they can’t score again right. The game’s basically over. 30-15

(0:22): Skov shocks everyone in the stands by getting yet another touchdown as the Irish defense lets up. Fans begin to get worried. But thankfully, this brings the end of the game. Yet another win for the undefeated Notre Dame fans.

Final Score: 30-22

Postgame, we all ran out of the stadium in a rush to beat dining hall lines. While running, I spotted a group of ND fans who clearly did not get the memo about God Quad. Looks like..

Every Notre Dame fan had a moment of reminiscence during this game as we all recalled Rudy’s great play against Georgia Tech in 1975.

See you at UMASS!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: provided by author

Source: 1
Sierra Mayhew is a rising freshman at the University of Notre Dame studying Film, Television and Theatre (concentration in Television) with a minor in Journalism. She is a guitarist and music enthusiast.  Follow her on instagram @sierra_mayhew.