Notre Dame Sweetheart: Sheila Roohan ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Say hello to Sheila Roohan! Miss Roohan is a fabulous freshman from the home of the Rose Parade who happens to be just as beautiful as the roses. She’s the sweetest person you will meet at Notre Dame and never hesitates to help a friend in need.

If you’re lucky enough to meet Sheila at a party, you will be blown away by her killer dance moves and sassy jokes. Boys: if you’re lucky, you can find her under the Lyons arches. As a Psychology major, she’s the perfect person to vent to and is always ready with quality advice. If you have any questions about “The Bachelor,” be sure to ask her. Her parents met at Notre Dame, so she has blue and gold running through her blood and was bound to call this place home. She’s the best kind of friend a girl could ask for, so make sure the next time you see her around campus you say hello.

Fact Breakdown

Hometown: Pasadena, CA

Major: Psychology

Year: Freshman

Dorm: Lyons

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

I’d love to go to Ireland because that’s where my family’s from. While there, I’d love to travel around to all of the small towns and meet new people.

What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own?

I’ve found a new favorite in the past few weeks as I’ve adjusted to the cold weather. I love my big, knit scarf; I pretty much wear it everyday to keep me warm.

What do you like most about Notre Dame?

I love the sense of community, especially because I came from a small high school that felt like family. I’m also inspired by the school spirit and love the fact that I get to rock my bedazzled fanny pack to show my ND pride.

What is your favorite thing to do on campus?

As basic as it sounds, I’d have to say Starbucks. Those baristas just get me and the extra shot of espresso helps get me through the day- especially after a few hours of sleep.

Describe yourself in one word?

Tall.

Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling?

Tough question, but I’d have to go with Gosling. What is there not to like about him? Fun fact: during finals I made him the background on my phone for a little inspiration and motivation.

What is your opinion on Kimye?

I’m going to let you finish…but Beyonce and Jay Z are the true power couple. No disrespect to Kimye, but how could you resist little Blue Ivy?

If you were stranded in Stepan Center, what three items would you bring?

I think an obvious choice would be my phone (aka my life), the charger, and, probably, Brady Quinn!

Who has influenced you the most?

I’d have to say my older sister, Mary Kate. She’s always been someone I look up to, as a sister and as a friend.

What’s your favorite thing about California?

I think the obvious answer is the warm weather, with In-n-Out coming in as a close second.

SO, HOLLA AT YOUR GIRL SHEILA!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

All images provided by Sheila Roohan

Hannah Dunn

Notre Dame

Hannah Dunn is a sophomore Marketing and Film, Television and Theater major at ND. Born and raised in Westchester, NY, Hannah loves to lax it up with the Women's Club Lacrosse Team, but is never opposed to a Netflix and chill. If you need a good Ben and Jerry's ice cream recommendation be sure to ask her.