The Notre Dame Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Climb Stepan Center

Climbing Stepan was one of the first bucket list items I learned of, was instantly set on doing so. I can’t say I’ve been successful yet though. My first attempt was a total failure because it was in the middle of the winter and therefore freezing. The second time my friends and I tried was closer to a success than a failure but still a failure nonetheless. The attempt ended with me being stuck on the roof of the small building next to it alone for about 20 minutes while my friends gave me the clear that it was safe to come down. Needless to say, if you are looking for a bit of adventure to spice up your night, climbing Stepan Center is definitely it. Be on the look out for NDSP though!

Attempt the Hesburgh Challenge

For those unaware of what the Hesburgh Challenge is, the goal is to drink a beer at every floor of the Hesburgh Library. Some would say to do a shot. I guess it depends. The catch? The last floor of the Hesburgh Challenge is the home of the one and only Father Hesburgh. Be warned: the library is fully aware of this challenge and does check backpacks around certain dates.

Walk the cemetery at night

I love the thrill of getting scared and being on my toes (I tend to watch American Horror Story by myself…Probably not my best idea but ehh). If you do too, then this is for you! I think it would be especially best around Halloween. Pretty cliché I know, but it could be the beginning or end to a fun night!

Visit Duck Island

Duck Island is a cute little place. It’s nice spot to sit and look over at St. Joseph’s Lake. This trip is good for those who are looking for some adventure but not one that’s overwhelming. All you have to do is make is past the closed gate and through the narrow cement strip and you’re home free!

Crawl through the tunnels

For those unaware, there is a system of underground steam tunnels that runs all over campus. From what I’ve heard it seems you can take a tour of these around Senior Week. However, I also heard about people that took advantage of the fact that Morris Inn was being renovated and would go in through the Morris basement. If you are daring enough, I say go for it!

Put a bike in a tree

I’ve always really wanted to do this for some reason. I find it really funny. I wouldn’t be laughing if my bike was put up in a tree, but you have to admit it’s a pretty good prank.

Do pushups at a game

This is for sure a must. More than swimming in the lakes. It’s tradition at every game and it is so much fun. Slightly terrifying at first but once you are being thrown up into the air you can’t help but laugh. Unless of course you get dropped like I did at the Oklahoma game…

Photos 1, 2, 3 

Hi! I'm currently a sophomore at ND. I'm originally from Puerto Rico where the sun shines all year long and the beach is never more than 10 minutes away. I'm still kind of undecided as to what my future plans are but I'm sure I'll find those along the way. During my free time I love to chill with Netflix, read, or just hang with my friends.
Katie Fusco

Notre Dame

A senior English and American Studies double major at the University of Notre Dame, Katie is passionate about media, education, and public history.