yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

New TV Shows to Watch This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

With fall comes the return of schoolwork, but also of many great television shows. If you’re looking for a study distraction, you don’t need to look much farther than the TV in your dorm room. This fall’s television line-up is filled with some of our favorites returning to air after a summer hiatus, such as Grey’s Anatomy and How to Get Away with Murder, and many new promising series premieres. Here a few new shows you should look out for!

Wicked City

Premieres: Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 10:00 PM on ABC

Wicked City’s biggest draw? Ed Westwick! Our beloved Chuck Bass is returning to our television screens this fall with an action-packed crime show.  Set in Los Angeles in the 1980s, the series follows a detective (Jeremy Sisto) as he chases down a Bonnie and Clyde-esque couple of serial killers (Ed Westwick, Erika Christensen).

Angel from Hell

Premieres: Thursday, Nov. 5 at 9:30 PM on CBS

Jane Lynch returns to TV this fall, but not clad in a tracksuit; rather, angel wings. Lynch stars as a goofy guardian angel attempting to offer guidance to a high-strung New York dermatologist in this single-camera comedy.

Scream Queens

Premieres: Tuesday, Sep. 22 at 8:00 PM on FOX

Ryan Murphy, writer of American Horror Story, has created a new scary show airing this fall. A college dean has demanded that all PNMs must be accepted in the sorority recruitment process. Meanwhile, a serial killer is on the loose. Scream Queens draws quite the celebrity crowd with Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis, Lea Michele, Nasim Pedrad, Oliver Hudson, Keke Palmer and Ariana Grande all starring in the first season.

Blood & Oil

Premieres: Sunday, Sep. 27 at 9:00 PM on ABC

Ed Westwick isn’t the only Gossip Girl star returning to our television screens this fall. Chace Crawford will be leaving the Upper East Side of New York City for North Dakota in an attempt to cash in on an oil boom.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Premieres: Monday, Oct. 19 at 8:00 PM on CW

How desperate are we for love? The CW’s only new series this fall showcases extreme desperation in a musical comedy. Rebecca Bunch gives up her partnership at a law firm in Manhattan to move to California to chase down an ex-boyfriend.

Blindspot

Premieres: Monday, Sep. 21 at 10:00 PM on NBC

An unidentified woman (Jaimie Alexander) is found naked and covered with tattoos, but she has no memory. An FBI agent suspects that each tattoo is a clue to a series of crimes and eventually he discovers a larger conspiracy.   

Happy procrastinating and happy TV watching!        

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Source: 1

Grace Parker

Notre Dame

Hey, my name is Grace and I'm an incoming freshman at Notre Dame with an intent to study marketing, design, and journalism. I'm from Wayne, Pa (a suburb of Philadelphia), but I love traveling and am so excited for my next destination: South Bend, Indiana. I spend most of my time hanging out with my friends, reading, playing field hockey, online-shopping, and binge-watching Netflix documentaries. I love to write and am so happy to join the HCND family!