This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

I know that Valentine’s Day just passed, but I love good rom-com at any point during the year. Part of me likes to make fun of them, but there is also part of me (no matter how deep down it is) that makes me root for the characters and follow closely with the story line. Due to my somewhat embarrassing love for rom-coms I have watched plenty of them over the past few years .Here are the six that I can watch over and over again on Netflix.

Candy Jar

I have watched Candy Jar more times than I can count. The story is about two high school debate students who are overly competitive with each other, and their rivalry is a continuation of their mothers’ from years ago. Amongst the competition and fighting to get into their dream school, both Bennett and Lona find themselves. The love story in the film is quite quirky and not the stereotypical Netflix love story but it is amazing nonetheless.

The Lovebirds

The Lovebirds is far from the typical love story. Leilani and Jibran have been together for a while and the original spark in their relationship seems to have burned out. Luckily a crazy series of events allows the flame to rekindle. The jokes between all of the characters make me laugh throughout the entire movie. If you need a good chuckle with a hint of romance then this should be your go-to movie!

Work It

I put off watching Work It for months because everybody said that the storyline was horrible and that the premise was super bad. I do agree that there could have been some better plot points, but I really enjoy the movie. I could relate to Quinn Ackerman so well. I remember being in high school and just wanting to get into Notre Dame so I spent a lot of time doing extracurriculars that I thought colleges would like. I wish that I would have focused more on just finding what I loved to do and that is what Quinn ultimately gets to do. I also may be biased because Jordan Fisher has a role in the film and I will happily watch anything with him included.

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

The final installment of the trilogy came out last weekend and it did not disappoint. This is another story that is super cheesy and I think the title itself gives that away. With that being said, the trilogy pulls at the audience’s heart strings and the movies always make my heart happy. I think it would be amazing to fall in love because your sister shipped out love letters that you kept in the back of your closet, but sadly we cannot all be that lucky. At least I can live vicariously through Lara Jean and Peter. I must warn that I am not a big fan of the second movie. I think it was good, but I found myself being annoyed with the characters and plot because I would have chosen differently if I was Lara Jean (just saying). If you ask me, the order of best to worst goes 3, 1, 2, but you should watch the films yourself and come up with your own ranking.

The Half of It

Many of us have wanted somebody else to write a paper for us to make sure that it has proper spelling and grammar to get the grade, but in The Half of It, Paul asks Ellie to write love letters to his crush. Ellie agrees to make money that will improve her home life, but the situation gets very complicated very quickly. I love the different perspective the film shows with Ellie writing the love letters that Paul claims as his own. I am also very fond of the letters themselves and the way that Ellie explains the world in terms of love. It may be cheesy but it makes my heart melt.

The Last Summer

This film shares the lives of a group of friends who recently graduated high school and are moving into adulthood. My favorite part about The Last Summer is that it shows a wide variety of possibilities for teenagers. It is all-too-often that the high school students portrayed in movies are perfect and I am tired of that trope because nobody is perfect at all. Each of the characters goes on their own journeys and it reminds me that it is okay to go on my own path or change up my trajectory whenever I need to – something that I need to always remind myself of during college.

Indonesia Brown

Notre Dame '22

I am a political science and psychology major with a minor in journalism. I am originally from South Bend and am the 4th generation to live in my current house. I love all animals and I have a dog at home named Enzo.