This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

We’re right in the middle of one of my favorite times of the year: awards season. From the NAACP Image Awards to the American Music Awards, it’s amazing that we’re able to honor all of the incredible work musicians, and actors/actresses are doing. One of my favorite award shows has always been The Grammy Awards. Rather than focusing on all of the fantastic music that was celebrated, I want to take a look at the red carpet and share my top five favorite looks from the 2020 Grammys:

Ariana Grande

The bigger the dress, the better the dress! I’ve never seen someone make a gray dress so vivacious. I am getting serious Cinderella vibes from Ms. Grande—she looks like the princess of pop that she is. Ariana Grande also reminds me of a cake in the best way possible. The three tiers to the cake remind me of an extravagant wedding cake, and I do like the fact that she didn’t wear a necklace because I feel like it would have taken attention away from the dress. The signature ponytail is back, but it’s blonde this time and adds an edge to the look that her signature brown ponytail might not have been able to.

Lizzo

Not much needs to be said for this Lizzo look. All I can think of is old Hollywood. I love a form fitting white dress and Lizzo looks like a dream. I’m glad that she kept the look elegant with minimal jewelry and light makeup; and the fur is also a nice touch and adds an extra sprinkle of magnificence and grace to the look.

Billy Porter

Billy Porter never disappoints. I am obsessed with fringe and he took it a step further and made it sparkly fringe. I can’t remember the last time I saw such a bold blue on the red carpet, but more people need to start doing it. I also appreciate the metallic vibes in his lipstick and his eyeshadow. This Baja East ensemble enabled Porter to give off an electric disco vibe, and I am here for it.

Danielle and Kevin Jonas

When the Jonas Brothers came back, they CAME BACK. I would like to focus on Danielle’s outfit—simply put, she looks stunning. I am a sucker (lol) for a side part and a loose wave. I really like that she opted for a soft glam makeup look, as to not overpower the dress. Everything from the neckline to the slit was perfect. The silver looked great against her skin tone, and she simply looked radiant.

Rosalia

There’s nothing better than Rosalia in red and fringe. Rosalia is dressed in Alexander Wang and she looks amazing! I truthfully did not expect an outfit like this from her—I expected for her to don a non-traditional pant suit, but this leather ensemble is all that I could ask for and more.

Tajae Thompson

Notre Dame '22

My name is Tajae Thompson and I am a sophomore from Palm Beach, Florida. I am currently studying Accounting and English, and I attend the University of Notre Dame.