Motivational Videos to Get You to Study

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

It’s near the end of the semester, and let’s be honest, we’re all exhausted. Finals week is almost upon us, and that means it’s time to cram. This semester has been a marathon, and now it’s time to sprint to the finish line. When you feel like your brain is fried and need some more motivation to keep you going, here are a few short videos to give you a little extra boost to finish your semester stronger than ever.

1. A Pep Talk from Kid President to You

This video features an adorable little boy giving you a deep, motivational talk about how you can take steps to change the world. It is a good reminder to never give up and make your dreams come true. This speech is a good mix of a heart-warming message with some little-kid humor to make you smile.

2. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance

In this video, speaker Angela Lee Duckworth talks about grit. When studying seems tough, you get caught up in the moment and forget about the big picture. This talk is a good reminder to have grit and endurance to keep working toward your long-term goals. Though finals may seem like the end of the world, this wonderful talk reminds us that we have dreams we are working for and gives us the strength to keep going. Achieving your goals is a marathon, not a sprint.

3. Miracle on Ice

As a big hockey fan, this speech has always been inspiring to me. Based on the true story of the 1980 “Miracle” gold medal-winning US Olympic hockey team, this entire movie is great, but this speech is its most famous part. Coach Herb Brooks tells us that although we may be the underdog and seem hopeless, we can still win. You and your friends can take on finals week like a team and win. Any L’s on tests taken in the past are over. This is your time.

4. I Believe that We Will Win (2014 ESPN World Cup Commercial)

This classic sports chant will get you totally hyped and ready to take on anything. You have many people supporting you and cheering you on in hopes of your success, so now’s the time to come together and cross the finish line stronger than ever. With hard work and support, I believe that you will win.

5. Malala’s UN Speech

Malala is all about the importance of education and how lucky we are as girls to have the opportunities we do. When classes get tough, I think we all need this reminder of how blessed we are to be able to receive this wonderful education because not all girls around the world have the same opportunity. Malala has always been a motivator and role model for me, and this speech of hers is just a reminder of how amazing she truly is. Malala demonstrates that no matter what obstacles come in your way, you can persevere and come back stronger than ever. Nothing can keep you down.

Images 1, 2, 3, 4

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!