Model Mania: Why We Love Gigi Hadid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

She is twenty years old and incredibly successful 

The twenty-year-old blonde bombshell has taken the fashion world by storm. Signing with IMG models in 2011, Gigi has become a favorite among runways, magazines, and ad campaigns alike. In 2014 she made her New York Fashion Week debut, was named one of twelve rookies in Sports Illustrated’s well-known swimsuit edition, graced the covers of numerous magazines, such as Teen Vogue and Vogue Australia, and appeared as a love interest in a number of music videos. She was awarded the title of Model of the Year at this year’s First Annual Fashion Los Angeles Awards and was named a Maybelline Brand Embassador in January of 2015. Gigi’s success is one that is truly only beginning and I can guarantee we will see much more of her in the future.

She is down to earth  

If you follow Gigi on any form of social media, you will quickly realize that her gorgeous looks come with an equally wonderful personality. Despite her sudden rise to fame, Gigi has appeared to stay exceedingly grounded, citing her close family relations and normal high school experience as being key contributors. The supermodel often talks of her love for McDonald’s and even received a large amount of McDonald’s gift cards for her twentieth birthday from her then-boyfriend, Cody Simpson. However, these gift cards were not for her personal use, but part of her personal campaign to hand out gift cards to the hungry of NYC. So not only will Gigi be the first to share a Big Mac with you, but she will also share one with the homeless too. 

She makes comfort fashionable 

Gigi has been caught out and about NYC and LA in these signature white sneakers. Whether she is running errands or heading to a late night after party, Gigi manages to look flawless in this comfortable, yet fashionable statement. Not many models would even attempt to get away with pairing these sneakers with a high fashion outfit, but Gigi dares to do it and somehow manages to pull it off. 

She is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS

As one of the most successful up-and-coming supermodels of today, it is pretty easy to realize that Gigi is beautiful. However, it is not always realized that if you take one look at her Instagram, all your self-confidence will be completely shattered. Gigi’s effortless beauty is what makes her so incredibly enviable, for it is natural and sexy all at the same time. Gigi has mastered whatever it is that is the “It Factor”, and it’s impossible not to take notice. 

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Erin Rose Howard is a sophomore Business and English major at the University of Notre Dame. Hailing from the beautiful state of New Mexico, you can find her around campus attempting to bring some of her NM sunshine to ND. She is a strong promoter of the four main food groups: coffee, Diet Coke, chocolate, and pizza. Erin Rose's interests include: food, fashion, family, and friends. You can find the rarely updated story of her life on Instagram @erin_rose_howard or on Twitter @erhoward96.