This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

For the fifth straight year, Mendoza does it again. Released on Friday, April 4, Notre Dame’s business school grabbed the crown of Bloomberg Businessweek’s Top Undergraduate Business School in the country.

Following behind (but not quite catching up) were many highly prestigious schools, like University of Virginia and Cornell University, but neither have been able to top Mendoza yet.

In a ranking process that included one hundred fifty-two schools, five categories were analyzed in picking the highly competitive list. Notre Dame scored the highest on the student assessment category with the average student finding great attention to business ethics and social purpose throughout the business school.

Notre Dame also ranked in the top five for academic quality and employer sentiment, but the student raves is what sets our school beyond all others in the business category.

Students at Mendoza are taught to assess the quality of a job/career not based on pay, but more on social consequence. This different look towards the business world sets Notre Dame apart from its competitors.

While Notre Dame did not fair as well in the categories of median salary after graduating and MBA feeder programs, we consistently keep our students happy in and out of school. With offering high quality teaching and socially responsible ethics, students leave the undergrad program wanting to make the world a better place rather than making more money.

While the rankings from last year did not differ too much from past years, with nine of the top ten remaining the same, stability reigns as another highly important quality that Mendoza and other schools possess.

The survey changed a little this year by incorporating student surveys in the categories and final rankings, which is another reason Notre Dame remained on top, as school loyalty rings through and through here.

While from personal experience I know the tough rigor that all Notre Dame students go through as an undergrad, Mendoza stands as a shining example of how our hard work pays off.

With the kind of teachers and students that Mendoza has been able to maintain, I don’t think the top spot will be going anywhere for a while. 

For more campus news and entertainment, like HCND on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Photos 1234