Meet PW’s Meghan Santella ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Meet Pasquerilla West’s, Meghan Santella! While I think I might have a partial bias towards Meghan because we share a name… what can I say? We take the “H” in our name very seriously. 

Name: Meghan Santella
Year: Sophomore
Dorm: PDUB
Major(s):  Sociology & minors in International Development and Business/Economics
Hometown: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Relationship Status: Phil Healy just dumped me, but I’m hopeful about the future. 

Why did you choose Notre Dame?: “Isn’t it obvious? For the girls.” -Matt Reilly
I’ve wanted to come here for as long as I can remember, but I fell in love with it when my aunt had her wedding here. 

What activities are you involved in on campus?:  I’m very involved in club squash. 
I’m actually involved in Camp Kesem, a club that supports kids through and beyond a parent’s cancer by putting on a summer camp. Pdub interhall sports. I also did club boxing but I got beat up. I’m a student worker for ACE (Alliance for Catholic Education)- I really like working the 10PM-2AM shifts at Remick; come say hi. 

Do you have any nicknames? If so, what are they?: Some call me Megh. The H is silent but it stands for “homie”

What do you like most about living in PW?:  Our flag football legacy and also our dorm spirit. I wear the purple weasel spirit wear with pride and honor.

Who is your roommate(s)?: Elle (Eleanor) Anteau. She was my random roomie freshman year. I keep her around because of her closet, Netflix, and her baking. She actually is really cool though and puts up with my horrible sleeping habits like sleep talking and sometimes yelling.

Favorite thing about going to Notre Dame?: The people are really cool. Idk megsies make something up that sounds good.   

What’s on your Notre Dame bucket list?:  Go to one of the cool bars when I turn 21 and scale the Golden Dome. Separate times

Do you plan to study abroad? If so, where?: I am hoping to go to Dublin next spring and embrace my Irish heritage

Favorite male dorm to visit?: Timeless battle between Knott and Siegfried. 

Who’s your celebrity crush?: Jesse McCartney follow up: fav song: Beautiful Soul

Can you describe your ideal date?: NDH brunch

Favorite Movie?:  She’s the Man

Favorite TV Show?: Friday Night Lights

Favorite Quote of all-time?: “The tan lines will fade but the memories will last forever”

Be sure to say hi to Megh if you see her around campus anywhere! Try not to take her too seriously though, as you may have already picked up on, she loves to joke around.

Thanks for the interview, Meghan!

All imags provided by interviewee.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

I am a resident in the hottest dorm on campus, Pasquerilla East Hall—Go Pyros! Ironically, attending Notre Dame has put me closer to home than I ever was while in high-school or even grade-school—the distance it takes to get to ND from my house is shorter than the distances of any of my previous academic locations (talk about "going off" for college, huh?) Yes, this does mean I'm a townie, but I wear the title with the utmost pride. Currently, I am enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters; I am on the pre-med track in the hopes of eventually becoming a doctor. Indeed, ladies, I do intend to meet my own Dr. McDreamy someday (Grey's Anatomy fans anyone?!) I'm an avid coffee drinker, I'm definitely a health and fitness enthusiast, and my friends all call me either "Megs" or "Hanz" (take your pick). Go Irish!