Meet Margaret Meserve: HCND’s Reigning Recruitment Queen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Dedicated, Kind, Funny

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Hopefully wearing incredibly stylish clothes and being a boss. I’d like to go to medical school after graduating which means in 10 years I will be finally done with school. I see myself living back on the east coast and just enjoying life, you know with the casual life-saving surgery on the side.

What is your style?

My style legitimately changes day by day. I feel like I have outfits that belong to certain categories but my closet as a whole is too diverse to name. Most would say that I’m lazy-preppy though. I’m like two steps down from wearing Vineyard Vines and boat shoes every day but I wear a ton of navy and stripes so I’m borderline I guess.

Why do you love being a part of HCND?

I love HCND because it gives me a forum where I can express myself in a way that is both unique and fun. As a science major, I rarely have the opportunity to write what I want anymore. Everything for class has a very distinct grammar and language that has to be used in order to be correct. With HCND, I can write pieces that are both serious and funny. I can talk about topics that matter to me while making it both entertaining and informative.

If you could travel to one place, where would it be and why?

I really want to go to Ireland again because my family is from there and I’d like to explore my heritage. The last time we went I was too young to really appreciate all the amazing things I was learning about my family.

What is something you are super passionate about?

I’m super passionate about the place that I did my SSLP last summer. I worked at Misercordia in Chicago which is a place that provides education and residence to adults and children with various developmental disabilities. I had such a great time there and I really want to go back. Ask anyone, it’s my favorite topic of discussion.

What is your favorite book, and why?

It’s so cliche but I love Harry Potter. It was the first book that I ever really fell in love with and I can attribute so much of my learning to that initial love for books. So Harry Potter will always have a special place in my heart. However, the most recent book that I loved was called The Sun is Also a Star. I actually read it after getting a free book of the month from Her Campus and it was so incredible I’ve read it three times.

What is your favorite place on campus?

My dorm, Cavanaugh Hall. It’s just so cozy. I love all the girls I live with and we have some really great times.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

All images provided by Margaret Meserve

Editor-in-Chief of HCND from 2016-2018.