McKenzie Moredock ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.
Here’s a newbie to Her Campus: McKenzie Marie Moredock! One of my closest friends here at Notre Dame, Kenzie is always the one to bring giggles and laughs to a conversation, and the one who is always there for you, no matter what.

Aside from being an awesome friend, Kenz is an awesome person. Who else in the world can you jump in Indianapolis fountains with at 4 in the morning or chase down a hotel hallway in a luggage cart?! When she is not up to roadtrip shenanigans, you have probably seen Kenz skipping to “Happy” by Pharrell around Mendoza or bundled up in a Subway booth, eating quarter dogs and rocking out to her awesome roadtrip playlist. If you have yet to meet this cutie, go searching for her, because she is one friend you do not want to miss out on having!

Kenzie, our friend (and fellow cutie) Meghan, and I casually in a fountain after the Purdue game 2014.
Basics:
Name: McKenzie Moredock
Class year: Sophomore (2017)
Major: Undeclared Business
Activities: Interhall cross country, co-rec soccer and broomball, dance parties, Flyin’ Fridays, and running anywhere and anytime!
Dorm: Lewis Hall
Hometown: Springfield, IL
Relationship status: Single!!!!
Opening line: If I were to produce a patronus you would be my happy thought.

One picture to explain them all: Kenzie gets her dance moves from her awesome family!

Random:
If you wrote a book 20 chapters long, what would the title of chapter 17 be? Get ready or not cause here I come: Dance Dance Dance have some fun
What’s your favorite sandwich meat and why? Bacon. It’s so versatile. It can be eaten anytime on almost anything (pizza, bagel, bread, etc.).
First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “roadtrip”? Music/Arby’s

Kenzie and I at the Lewis/Keough Hall Toga Dance

Favorite song and why? I want crazy. Because what’s a better message than “let’s be crazy”?  Oh and Hunter Hayes is freakin’ adorable.
If you were an animal, what would you be and why? Flying Squirrel. It’s a squirrel, but it  can fly. Enough said. 

Personal:
Why did you choose your major/minor? Well… I haven’t really chosen the focus yet so… 
yeah 
Who in your life has shaped you the most? My brother. He is the greatest person I know.

Good looks must run in the family: Kenzie, her brother, and her sister
Why ND? Because it’s the best. OBV!
Most awk ND experience? Eating at SDH with my roommate Sara. That can get awkward.
Most crazy ND experience? Getting lost in downtown South Bend with the lovely Nancy McNamara at 3 in the morning the second week of freshman year.

Kenzie, her roommate Sara, and Kenzie’s nephew Johnny William
Tough Choices:
Red or blue? RED
Sky or sea? Sea
Dogs or cats? Dogs
Twitter or Yik Yak? Yik Yak

Closing Thoughts:
Tell me a story. The ugly barnacle. There once was a barnacle that was so ugly that everyone died. The end. –Patrick Star

Thanks McKenzie!

XOXO,
HCND

For more Campus Cuties, follow the HCND Pinterest account, TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

Photos provided by interviewee.

Hello there! I am a Computer Science major from the golden Redding, California. I enjoy making people smile, dazing about the ocean, smelling like sunshine, and programming until my fingers cramp. California sand is my friend and I would much rather be laughing at the beach than almost anything else. I am a firm believer in great things taking copious amounts of time. Jason Mraz said it best with "the absence of the light is a necessary part." Though I see the incredibility of technology, the simple things in life are what really matter. The concept of 'family' is an extraordinary attribute of modern civilization. Check out my articles if you ever so desire!