This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

As the month comes to a close, it’s nice to reflect on those beauty essentials that kept my skin fresh, moisturized, and ready for whatever weather we encountered (which, if you remember, was a mixture of random warmth and chilling breezes). I’ve been using some of these products for years and others for only a month, and they don’t disappoint.

Skincare

I am truly dedicated to taking the best care of my skin. I recently watched a video on Youtube where a facialist described skin as “delicate tissue paper that needs to be handled with care”. When you take care of your skin, treat it as if it could break at even the slightest pull. This is why I like to use natural products that have calming ingredients but also wipe away any impurities I may have. I’ve been using the Mario Badescu facial spray with aloe, herbs, and rosewater for over a year now and I love it. You can use it as a primer, setting spray, or just as a spritz during the day to soothe any dehydration. You can even use it on your hair, and it has a lovely smell! If your skin is experiencing stress and you happen to have a few blemishes, use the Mario Badescu drying lotion. I never break out, but when it’s that time of the month or I’m stressed over an exam, I usually get one or two zits. This takes care of it within a few days (and sometimes overnight depending on the size). It helps to balance your natural oils and dry out the zits you have. It also eases any redness which can then be covered by a good concealer. If you read my articles often, you’ll notice this obsession with face masks. It’s so real. My new favorite is the Lush Rosy Cheeks fresh face mask. It’s made of rose clay and calamine powder and intended to soothe irritated skin or just give you a boost when your skin is feeling tired. The first time I used it, I put it on right after my toner and it got very dry. I would wait at least 15 minutes after your nightly face wash and toner before applying the face mask to avoid any dryness.

Body

I don’t know when I first started using Lush’s Dream Cream, but I know that ever since I have, my skin has been as soft as a baby’s booty. I have sensitive skin, and this cream is made of soothing oat milk, lavender, and rose water. If you pair it with Dreamwash, the oats will be sure to calm your suffering skin. It has saved me in super cold weather! It does have a rather natural rose scent. If you’re into the frilly Victoria’s Secret spray, I would say this scent is probably not for you. I would describe it as an effortlessly muted and intriguing smell.

Makeup

This is probably my most exciting month for good makeup purchases. I had a shopping spree at Sephora after I watched a few Youtube tutorials and I found some of my go-to products. The first is the Too Faced Hangover Primer. If you’ve had long days at school doing work or you’re lacking sleep, this formula is guaranteed to boost your skin’s radiance. It contains hydrating coconut water that revives your skin and gives your makeup a longer wear. The second product is from Lush. It’s their chocolate lip scrub. For months I had been complaining about my lips peeling. When it got to be too much, I went to Lush and picked up this beauty. It’s a sugar scrub that tastes like dark chocolate. YUM! My lips are so soft now.

Food

They always say, “You are what you eat”. It’s so true! What you eat can definitely impact your skin and beauty routine. This month my favorite healthy option was Naked orange mango pure fruit juice. It contains oranges, mango, apples, and a hint of banana. There is no added sugar (such a plus for your skin), no preservatives, and it’s gluten free. Yay for healthy, tasty food!

I hope all of you had a beautiful month and were able to find products that made you feel lovely inside and out. Don’t ever doubt your beauty! If you have beauty within, it will reflect on the outside. That’s what is important. Feel free to try these products and let us know how they worked for you on our social media! XOXO

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Well hi there! My name is Madelyn, and I'm a freshman at the University of Notre Dame majoring in Pre-Medicine and Romance Languages. I'm a lover of all things fashion and beauty, and it's my dream to intern with a magazine one day. You can catch me perusing Vogue, singing in the Opera, dancing with Troop ND, boxing for exercise, and obsessing over anything pink. I hope you can find something lovely in my articles that sticks with you! Cheers!! XO