This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

A great outfit is never complete without some great accessories. Accessories are like the sidekick to any outfit. They rarely get any credit, but in the end, they help pull the look together. I have always been the type to choose a classic accessory. Why waste time with a piece that doesn’t match everything in your closet? Since coming to college, I’ve been trying to nix that habit and become more adventurous in my accessory choices. Here are a few that have caught my eye.

I will admit that I have a weakness for watches. I got my first Fossil watch my sophomore year of high school and I’m pretty sure I wore it almost everyday after that. My watch collection has grown since then, but I’m still on the hunt for more. This Michael Kors watch has definitely been on my wish list for a while – I love the classic look of the brown band paired with the glitzy gold face. It would go with so many outfits and would be a timeless addition to any wardrobe.

With the warmer weather we have been having, I am looking forward to the day I can break out my sandals. I love a great wedge! They give you the added height of a heel but without the painful experience of trying to walk in them. They are more user friendly overall. These striped wedges are adorable. The bow at the top is super feminine and flirty.I think I would want to wear them everyday if I could. 

Kate Spade’s newest collection was recently presented and I already want all of it. Her pieces are really fun and, as always, full of surprises. KSNY can make the cutest accessories out of the most basic objects. Her collections always have a unique theme; this one is no different as it features cars. I really like this coin purse that looks like an odometer. It’s quirky and adds the right amount of spunk to an otherwise basic outfit. If you like fun accessories, then Kate Spade is definitely your girl.

For those of you that don’t know me, I’m a sucker for J. Crew’s statement necklaces. One of my future roommates always has the best necklaces and she always puts together the best outfits with them. I tend to play on the safe side, sticking to ones in neutral colors but I am envious of the girls who choose the bolder colors.

If you’re ever in need of an instant way to spice up your outfit, channel your inner Blair Waldorf and rock a headband. Headbands are easily overlooked, even though they can have such huge impact. Whether it is plain or super blingy, a headband is a classic look that looks good on just about everyone with any hair type. Rocking the headband can also add pizazz on a day  

There are many ways to accessorize your outfits. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new with your wardrobe. Just remember, “The best accessory a girl can wear is her smile.” :)

For more style news and reviews, follow HCND on Twitter and like us on Facebook

Pictures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hey everyone! I love to write and cry over episodes of One Tree Hill (don't judge). My favorite things to write about are fashion and music. I am definitely an animal and plant lover. I'm a South Bend native so in a way, Notre Dame has always been a part of my home.