burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Look at College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Over fall break, I had the privilege of attending Her Campus Media’s College Fashion Week in Chicago. It was an amazing event sponsored by brands like BareMinerals, TRESseme, Boohoo, VitaCoco, and Luna. The show happened at Revel Downtown, a hip location in the heart of the city, which really helped to make this a night to remember! Here’s a recap of some of the most exciting looks and styles seen on the runway.

Before the show started, we had time to have fun with the night’s sponsors! TRESseme was giving girls standout styles for the night – I got a chic sideswept bun. BareMinerals was also there to help match girls to their perfect foundation shade and give “makeunders.” 

Luna and VitaCoco provided amazing snacks to make sure everyone was fed and hydrated.

After the attendees were glammed up and ready, the show began! It was divided into three ‘scenes,’ or different trends and looks. The first up was a take on glam military attire, complimented by a high messy bun interwoven with braided leather strands. There were jackets and jumpsuits galore, but my favorite was this versatile army green romper.

The next scene was “Brooklyn Princess” and it was filled with pastel shades and lots of glitter contrasted with some tough sportswear and and menswear pieces. The more clean cut, androgynous elements made sparkles seem incredibly wearable, and the slip-on sneakers shown go with everything from jeans to skirts and dresses. 

Last on the catwalk was the “Woodlander” scene, with lots of cozy faux fur and earthy colors. Wool fedoras, statement necklaces, and warm vests were staples in this look. The models wore knee high boots to make the shorts and dresses wearable through the colder fall months. 

Going to College Fashion Week was an incredible experience filled with amazing fashion. Thanks to Her Campus and the sponsors for making this event possible, and I hope I get the opportunity to go next year!

To shop the outfits shown here, go to boohoo.com!

Follow the HCND Pinterest account, pin with us, and remember to keep posted with HCND on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!

Images provided by author

Emily Rodriguez is a sophomore English major and Business Economics minor at Notre Dame. She joined Her Campus during fall 2014 and loves to write about style, television, and movies. When not in class, she can be found singing with Halftime, contemplating going to the gym and ultimately not going, and thinking too much about Parks and Recreation.