Lindsay Rojas ’14: Latina Princess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

HCND catches up with the fabulous junior Lindsay Rojas about multi-culturalism and her future as Angelina.

Name: Lindsay Rojas

Hometown: Long Island, New York

The thing you miss most about home: The faster pace of life, the accents, the pizza, and the people
.

Major: Psychology & Latino Studies.

Dorm allegiance: Lyons

Campus activities: La Alianza, MLK Dinner Planning Committee, PSA, Spring Visitation, & Latin Expressions performer.

What is Latin Expressions? Latin Expressions or “Latin X” is our signature event that takes place in the spring of every year. It is the largest multicultural variety show of the year where people, clubs, and groups can perform their talents. LX traditionally occurs on a weekend that coincides with Spring Visitation where high school students are flown out to ND for a few days to experience the campus, college life and stay with an ND student host for a few days. A portion of the seats are allotted to the Spring Vis kids who receive free transportation to and from the show along with free admission. Latin X has played a role in encouraging these high school seniors to attend ND. Many prospective students enjoy the show to such an extent that they start planning an act to perform for next years show. I’ve had a lot of freshmen approach me and say “Hey I remember you, you’re Princess Jasmine!” because they remember my act from last year.

Service work: Sueños Sin Fronteras – I acted as a group leader at a day long event aimed at encouraging South Bend Latino youth to apply to college. From 9AM to 9PM I talked with high school students about current questions and concerns they have about applying to college. Most of these students have parents who do not speak English or understand the college application process. SSF aims to educate these students and help them along the process.

Favorite La Alianza memory: Making it rain glitter all upon the stage at Latin X 2012.

How can I get involved? Attend Latin Expressions – March 22nd.

Favorite college memory thus far: Getting snuck into the senior section for the marshmallow fight my freshman year and storming the field after we beat Utah.

Post-grad plans? More school, followed by med school, then Doctors Without Borders
.

Where do you see yourself in 20 years: Traveling the world with my hoard of multicultural children… like Angelina Jolie.

If you could change one thing about ND what would it be? Pursuit of improved race relations concerning affirmative action.

If you could give advice for current students what would it be? Here’s your freshmen fifteen-

• 
Domino’s: (574) 271-0300

• Jimmy Johns: (574) 277-8500

• Golden Dragon: (574) 243-8800
University of Notre Dame; Class of 2014