Last Minute Gift Ideas to help you Survive the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

So, finals are over and we get to go home and spend the next week preparing for the best day of the year: Christmas. One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is getting people presents and seeing how much they like them. Christmas is definitely about gifting, not getting. If you’re anything like me, though, you haven’t had the time to think about the holidays, let alone buy your friends and family presents! Try not to let this loom over you though. Here are some simple, yet meaningful ideas for gifts this Christmas season!

Pajama Sets

I am a huge pajama person. If I could wear pajamas all day every day, I would. Pajamas are so cozy and come in great patterns and colors. Target has great sets, as well as Victoria’s Secret and Nordstrom. This gift is the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit!

Personalized jewelry

Monogram or personalized saying: this gift will definitely come from the heart. Although the personalized aspect may be a little harder to swing by Christmas, if you’re willing to wait for something good this is definitely worth it. There are so many places you can order something personalized and there are so many price ranges so I am sure you can find something you’ll love! Make sure to check out Etsy.

Spa Set

We just had the hardest week of the semester, so we could definitely use some relaxation. Give your friends/family a spa set so they can distress and rejuvenate.

Cards Against Humanity/Other Fun Games

It’s great when you buy someone a gift that you can play with together. Cards Against Humanity is an amazing game, not only because it is outrageous and funny, but it also gets everyone laughing together. The holidays are about togetherness, so this is a way to put your gift to work. If Cards Against Humanity isn’t your speed, there are tons of other great game gifts that get everyone involved.

School Apparel

This is an extreme last minute idea, but your family will definitely appreciate the gesture and will love wearing it around to represent all the hard work you put in here. My parents are rarely seen not wearing college apparel from either Notre Dame or my sister’s school. It is a great way to have a little bit of you with them at all times.

Commemorative Ornament

One of my favorite memories of Christmas when I was younger was receiving an ornament from friends on Christmas Eve. I would collect them and hang all of them on the tree and look back at each individual ornament and remember the memory I had made from that year.

The gift of giving

Although we love getting Christmas presents, Christmas is definitely not about the gifts. Instead of buying a gift for someone, make a donation to their favorite charity in their name. There are so many people out there who are less fortunate than us and could really use some help. Whoever is receiving this gift will definitely love this notion.

If all else fails, just make sure you spend quality time with your loved ones and make some wonderful holiday memories!

HCNDXO!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 12345, 67

Hannah Dunn

Notre Dame

Hannah Dunn is a sophomore Marketing and Film, Television and Theater major at ND. Born and raised in Westchester, NY, Hannah loves to lax it up with the Women's Club Lacrosse Team, but is never opposed to a Netflix and chill. If you need a good Ben and Jerry's ice cream recommendation be sure to ask her.