This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Meet Katie Quinn!

Before I asked her to be my Cutie, Katie knew very little about Her Campus. I actually found that quite surprising, because Katie is the classiest, most put-together, and inspiring person I have met at ND!

I guarantee you have seen her around campus before, just look for the girl in the cutest outfits imaginable (on occasion in field hockey gear, which she can pull off any day of the week), probably drinking a Peppermint Mocha (white girl joke?), and radiating immense coding expertise.

Katie and I are #compscibaes, find us on Twitter to get our live tweets regarding the highs and lows of that Female Computer Science Life, but aside from CS, we are actually soul sisters. Katie is one of the most caring people I know, and even if we are in a complete tongue-in-cheek moment, she still finds a way to show her value to you. If you have yet to meet her, I strongly recommend tracking her down and starting up a convo about Beyonce – quickest way to this girl’s heart!

Katie lookin’ cute, as per usual

Name: Katie Quinn

Year: Class of 2017, Sophomore

Major: Computer Science; #compscibaes

Activities: Society of Women Engineers, Club Field Hockey

Dorm: Welsh Fam

Hometown: Red Hook, NY

Opening line: I want Starbucks right now.

Random:

What is your favorite item in your closet?

If you ask my friends about my style, they probably would tell you that I’m obsessed with the color red. It’s a power color. If I had to choose only one item, I probably would choose my red dress. It brightens my day whenever I wear it.

Katie and her best friend, the llama

If you could explain your life with one song, what would it be?

Run The World (Girls) by Beyonce

Do you think Lipton employees get to take coffee breaks?

Of course! Life without coffee breaks, or tea breaks, would be miserable.

Who is your celeb doppelganger?

I would like to think that I am a much shorter, perhaps more fashionable version of Kate Middleton.

Katie jokingly refers to this dress as her Kate Middleton dress

What’s your least favorite key on your keyboard?

My “Y” key. The key pad fell off my keyboard last year right before I had to write my first philosophy essay. I can’t trust it anymore.    

Personal:

Why ND?

I come from the stereotypical Notre Dame family but for a while I was against going here. I didn’t get the hype surrounding the university nor was I particularly a fan of football. After I went to an engineering camp here in high school, I realized how much Notre Dame fit me. I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else. And there’s no experience like standing in the student section for the football games.

Why do you feel Beyonce is the greatest woman alive?

She’s flawless. It’s so inspiring to see a woman who balances an incredibly successful career and her family. She does not compromise her opinions and she doesn’t take no for an answer.

Katie at a Yonce concert

A pic Katie provided from the Beyonce concert she went to

Tell me your greatest/awkwardest ND experience.

My hair once lit on fire at the Grotto. Enough said.

Who in your life has made the greatest impact on you?

My mom! Not only would I not be here without her, I would probably be less sane. She’s my best friend. Her dedication to my family is truly inspiring.

Tough Choices:

Greece or Bali? Bali!

Fitz or Cushing? Cushing, because of the engineering lounge

Halloween or Christmas? Christmas. Not even close.

Mac or PC? Mac all the way. PCs hate me almost as much as I hate them. But I’ll admit that I totally play into the Mac hysteria.

Sweet or sour? Both! I don’t compromise well. 

That’s all for now, everyone! Remember, it’s nice to be nice lady Domers!

XO, HCND

Follow the HCND Pinterest account, pin with us, and remember to keep posted with HCND on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

Images provided by interviewee.

Hello there! I am a Computer Science major from the golden Redding, California. I enjoy making people smile, dazing about the ocean, smelling like sunshine, and programming until my fingers cramp. California sand is my friend and I would much rather be laughing at the beach than almost anything else. I am a firm believer in great things taking copious amounts of time. Jason Mraz said it best with "the absence of the light is a necessary part." Though I see the incredibility of technology, the simple things in life are what really matter. The concept of 'family' is an extraordinary attribute of modern civilization. Check out my articles if you ever so desire!