This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Hey Collegiettes!  With the 4th annual production of ND Show Some Skin right around the corner, I thought I’d talk to one of the lovely ladies behind the scenes of the show.  Without further ado, here’s Deandra Cadet.

First off, can you give me your Notre Dame introduction?

Deandra Cadet, Senior. I’m a political science/peace studies double major, from Newark, NJ.  Fun fact–one of the best parts about Jersey is the great food!  A bagel with egg, Taylor ham, and cheese is nothing short of delicious.

Deandra and her family at their very first football game!

As a senior, think about your last four years here on campus.  What’s your favorite part about ND?

Definitely my passionate and concerned friends and faculty who never cease to inspire me.

You’re a big part of Show Some Skin.  Can you explain the significance of this event, both to you and to the campus?

Well, Show Some Skin is a student-run production on campus that presents and highlights the often unheard voices of identity and difference on our campus.  We combine storytelling and performance by presenting the anonymous stories of students, faculty and staff through actors like yourself.  Show Some Skin is in its fourth year and every year we have a new batch of stories that seek to challenge us and move us.  

I do believe that SSS has a particular significance on this campus.  From the number of monologues we receive I can tell that students consider us a safe space to explore themselves and their identity as well as take a chance and delve deeper into the experiences that may demonstrate how much more we need to grow as a community.

SSS holds a special place in my heart.  I joined as an actor at a time where I was very confused about my purpose and struggling with my identity.  I knew that the stories and a group of people working towards social justice could help me.

As an actor this year, I couldn’t have put it better myself.  Lastly, a lighthearted question.  What’s your personal style?

Style?  Honestly, I like to be comfy.  I own wayyy too many scarves, like maybe 30.  In this winter it’s layers and layers, and of course a scarf.  Well, and this:

Well, there you have it.  Thanks Deandra!  To all you readers, be sure to check out Show Some Skin on February 26, 27, and 28  from 6 to 9 PM in the Carey Auditorium!

Follow the HCND Pinterest account, and remember to keep posted with HCND on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

Images provided by interviewee