freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

It’s Cuffing Season! Here Are 5 Fall Date Ideas for You and Your Boo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Now that the sun has gone and the permacloud has arrived, many of us are turning towards new sources of comfort. Since those UV rays can no longer keep us warm, we need to find a significant other to keep out the cold. While finding someone to cuddle up with during the brutal South Bend winter seems like the biggest challenge, you may be left wondering, now that I have them, what do I do with them? Have no fear, because here are 5 fun fall date ideas that are sure to make them want to hang around for at least the next couple of seasons:

Apple Picking – This is an old classic in the Northeast and Midwest but is only ever seen on TV in other parts of the country. If your date didn’t grow up picking apples as a kid, this is a fun and unique date idea and if they did, they will get a chance to feel nostalgic. This is a date that allows a lot of time for talking and getting to know one another. Also, who doesn’t love apples?!

Bonus Date Idea: Bake a pie or make cider with the apples

Haunted House – Make sure this is something your date would actually enjoy before taking them because if they are anything like me, they will cry the whole time. If you know this is something the two of you would both enjoy then this really is a great date idea. The two of you will probably be holding on to each other for dear life the entire time and even though you were never in any actual danger, the feeling of keeping each other safe will help bring you closer together.

Pumpkin Patch – Everyone has probably gone and picked pumpkins more times then they would care to admit, but it is a tradition. Like picking out a Christmas tree, going to the pumpkin patch is done every year and with a considerable amount of care. This date is also very Instagramable.

Bonus Date Idea: Carve the pumpkins or bake pie

A Halloween Store – Think of all those movie montages where friends are in a store trying on a bunch of different outfits. That could be you and your date, but instead of expensive outfits, you get to try on Halloween costumes. Shopping for Halloween costumes is fun enough on your own so why not double the fun by bringing along a date?

Bonus Date Idea: Go to a Halloween party together in your costumes

Netflix And Grill (Cheese) – This is my take on the age-old classic Netflix and Chill. Picture this: A delicious grilled cheese, a warm bowl of soup, Netflix, your favorite blanket, you and your date. Honestly, the date is sort of an added bonus because this can be a great night in for one. Be sure to up your grilled cheese game by using a nice loaf of bread and more than one kind of cheese.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Photos: 1,2,3,4