Introducing: Her Story Notre Dame

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

“There is nothing gutsier to me than a person announcing that their story is one that deserves to be told, especially if that person is a woman. As hard as we have worked and as far as we have come, there are still so many forces conspiring to tell women that our concerns are petty, our opinions aren’t needed, that we lack the gravitas necessary for our stories to matter… But I want to tell my stories and, more than that, I have to in order to stay sane.”—Lena Dunham, Not That Kind of Girl

Her Campus Notre Dame is many things—opinions, news, how-to’s, and Campus Cuties.  Now we want to hear from you. Yes, you, our readers.

We want to hear your story because everyone has a story worth telling, and Her Campus Notre Dame wants to be the platform for you to do so.  That’s why we’re launching Her Story Notre Dame, a new, reoccurring blog column open to any and everyone.  All you have to do is email your story to the Editors-in-Chief, Katrina Linden and Rebecca Rogalski. They’ll notify you when your story will be published and will offer you the choice of complete anonymity when publishing.

So, reveal your secrets, tell us a story, share a unique experience with us without the fear of judgment. Her Story Notre Dame wants your voice to be heard!

Her Campus Notre Dame believes in the power of writing, that it can heal, transform, connect. So let your reflections be a reader’s revelation. Let your experiences be their lessons learned. Let your challenges be their inspiration.

We’re asking you to be the brave ones to rightfully declare that your stories deserve to be heard. What are you waiting for?

HCNDXO,

The Her Campus Notre Dame Writing Staff

Have a story to tell? Email Rebecca Rogalski and Katrina Linden at notre-dame@hercampus.com.

Images: 1 provided by author, 2, 3

(cue typical college student intro) Natalie is a freshman from Notre Dame studying business and journalism.  She is originally from Kansas City, Kansas, aka the land of Oz.  She willingly admits that her inner monologue is narrated by the voice of Kristen Bell, or more commonly recognized as the voice of Gossip Girl (xoxo).  In her spare time in which she is not trying to find a semi-comfortable place to crash for a power nap, she loves to read anything and everything, craft and has the dorm decorations to prove it, plan out her outfits a week in advanced, make coffee runs at any time of day, and last, but never least, hang out with her friends.  She is so lucky to have found a family at Her Campus and finally, Love Thee, HCND!
Kat L

Notre Dame

Katrina Linden is an American Studies and Latino Studies Double Major. When she's not drinking coffee or sleeping, she's running HCND with her co-CC, assissting the director of Undergraduate Studies at the Institute for Latino Studies, or pretending to work at NDH. Message her at katrinalinden@hercampus.com if you're interested in writing for HCND.