Intimate Encounters: That’s Real

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

I’m not trying to brag, but I’ve mastered the art of orgasm. I know exactly what gets me 
off and exactly what doesn’t, so when I’m with a guy and he’s not doing it for me, I know 
that I’m not going to climax. I’m going to make the most shameful confession a woman 
can ever make: I’ve faked it before. A lot. Allow me to explain.

I was casually hooking up with a friend during my sophomore year and he was really hot 
and the foreplay was really good, but when it came down to it, he wasn’t getting me off. 
The sex was good, I just couldn’t finish. And so I faked it. Every. Damn. Time. He still 
has no idea, and we’re still friends, and he thinks our fling was the hottest thing ever. 
I’ve watched enough porn to know what guys like to hear, and I’ve unfortunately 
mastered the art of the fake orgasm as well. Knowing what it’s like, to be so turned on, 
and know that you’re so close, and not able to jump that fence, is an awful feeling. I 
would go home after our escapades and melancholically pull out my vibrator and have 
the most self-pitying orgasms. Some night I wouldn’t even do that. I’d just sit in my room 
and ponder. And since then, I have become a huge anti-faking advocate.

I was casually hooking up with a guy my junior year. The first time I slept with him, he 
gave me two orgasms. Two! And that was the first time! For someone who didn’t know 
my body at all, I mentally high fived him. The next few times we hooked up I didn’t finish 
at all. I think I was putting too much pressure on the situation because the first time had 
been so amazing (double amazing, really.) So the next time I saw him, I went in with 
absolutely no expectations. I felt completely relaxed and was willing to let whatever 
happen. That night I had seven orgasms. I was blown away. We ended up dating a few 
weeks after that and I remember telling him how amazed I was those first few weeks 
we’d been hooking up. He stared at me, shell shocked. “You mean… Some girls lie 
about that? Like, lie to my face? While I’m inside them?” And then it hit me. All men 
believe (or want to believe) that every girl they’re with can orgasm at the drop of a hat.

So ladies, stop faking it. Seriously. The day I stopped my sex life radically improved. 
Because what’s the point of a fake orgasm? You strain your voice and feel out of breath 
and then when he falls asleep next to you, you’re left there with your mind going a 
million miles an hour and tingling, unsatisfied lady parts. He might be happy. But he’s 
not the only one in the race.
Xx, Gemma

Want more Gemma? Follow the HCND Pinterest account, pin with us, and remember to keep posted with HCND on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

Image: 1, 2, 3

Intimate Encounters is a new column I'll be writing for Her Campus ND and I decided to become a part of it because I want people (especially women) to start feeling comfortable with their sex life. I’m not here to lecture, preach, or tell you that everything that I have done or will do in my sex life is the right or wrong thing to do. I’m going to talk about mistakes that I’ve made, amazing experiences that I’ve had, firsts (a lot of firsts), funny stories, awkward moments, and people that have made a difference in the woman I’ve become. Hopefully I’ll also be able to answer any questions you might have-- seriously, no shame.