Inspirational Quotes to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Finals: a week-long marathon marked by nonstop studying, lack of sleep, hair-pulling, scream-crying, and drinking copious amounts of coffee, by the end of which you will question your sanity. 

No matter what finals week trauma you are currently experiencing, here is an assemblage of motivational quotes to help you get through any stage of the studying process.

For the procrastinators

So you’ve cleaned your room, done your laundry, arranged all the books on your bookshelf by the author’s middle initial, done your roommate’s laundry, and are currently on your 3rd shower of the day. Your productivity level is through the roof! All you need is a that extra push to get your studying started…

For those doubting their ability to succeed

You’ve studied while sitting, while laying down, while eating dinner, while going on a run. You’ve even laminated your notes so you can study in the shower! But you’ve reached that point in your studying when you’re overcome by self-doubt. You’ve studied for hours on end but have barely made a dent. “This is it,” you think. “This is how it ends. I’m gonna fail this final. No medical school will accept me now. I’m gonna spend the rest of my life ugly and alone! My future is over!!!” But you’ve been deluded by the education system and forgotten what success, really is…

For those comparing themselves to others

You’ve dedicated your time to studying for your hardest courses, brushing off the easier ones. You know your strengths. You know your weaknesses. But nonetheless that snarky comment, “Oh, you haven’t started studying? Oooh..good luck..you’ll need it,” still gets to you. And you start to believe it. Subconsciously you start comparing yourself to your peers and the sinister voices creep into your mind telling you you’ll never be good enough. Prove them wrong. 

For those pulling an all nighter

So the clock strikes mignight. As the Basillica bells chime across the land, your motivation hits with full force. You will slay that exam even if you have to stay up all night studying!

For those on the verge of giving upBefore you know it the sun is slowly rising, but your eyelids are rapidly closing. The going has gotten tough, and just the thought of spending one more hour studying makes your head scream.You’ve learned all but one chapter…the most important one…the one that comprises 1/3 of the exam. So naturally, you start rationalizing. “I know 2/3 of the exam…my brain needs sleep to function properly…maybe if I sleep for this next hour I’ll remember all the information I haven’t learned!?” But you’re so close to finish line. Push through.

For those prone to last minute freak outs

You’ve studied to the best of your abilities. You know the information. YOU’RE READY. But the instant you step into the testing room and overhear everyone last-minute cramming you freak out. “Oh goodness! I don’t remember that! When did we learn that?! Did I forgot to study something!?!? I SHOULD JUST DROP OUT WHILE I’M AHEAD!” Pause. Take a breath. Listen to G.D.F.R. or All Night Longer to get yourself pumped, and remember…

Happy studies :)

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2 author’s own,  3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13,  14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Nicole (noun): 1. Writer & Marketing and Publicity Director for Her Campus Notre Dame 2. Junior Neuroscience and Behavior major 3. Avid Traveler 4. Lover of Languages 5. Coffee Enthousiast 6. Laughing Queen (can't dance)