Honduran Hottie: Sofia Pina ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Meet Welsh Fam’s Honduran Hottie Sofia Pina! It is widely known that this girl’s brains and beauty know no borders. However, Sofia is not only smart and beautiful, but also incredibly fun, clever, and caring. If you haven’t had the chance to meet this campus cutie, here are some things that you need to know:

The Basics

Hometown: Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Dorm: Welsh Fam

Major: Business and Psychology

Class: 2018

Relationship Status: Single

Notre Dame Edition

Why did you choose Notre Dame?

Because they have the best Undergraduate Business School.

Is life here very different from life in Honduras?

Yes…the weather is completely different…we don’t really get any seasons or any cold. So, that has been nice to get to experience. I also do a lot more walking here and back home you can’t really walk anywhere, just drive.

North or South?

I keep changing my mind…but at the moment my favorite dining hall is South.

What area of business are you planning on studying?

Marketing

Why are you interested in psychology?

I took Intro to Psych my freshman year and I just loved studying the explanations for why we do certain things and why we are how we are. I have always been interested in psychology but I decided to become a psych major after I took that class.

Favorites

Favorite movie?

Pirates of the Caribbean was my favorite movie for the longest time. I don’t really have a single favorite movie now but three movies that are among my favorite are The Departed, The Godfather, and The Matrix.

You know, it’s funny that I love horror movies but I wouldn’t list any horror movies as my favorite movie.

What is it that you like about horror movies?

I don’t know… I find them exciting. I like the adrenaline, the suspense. I like a good horror movie that keeps me guessing the whole time.

Favorite book?

The Idiot by Dostoyevsky

Favorite band?

Pink Floyd

Favorite song?

I Know by Jude  

Favorite pastime?

I don’t really have a ‘favorite’ past time…but I really like playing the piano and I LOVE listening to music. I also like drawing and writing

Favorite dining hall food?

The banana bread

Favorite place on campus?

Probably the lake

Romance

What do you look for in a guy?

I want a guy who is sincere, kind, and ambitious. I’m really attracted to someone with good taste – one that can distinguish between what is good and what is great in all aspects of life. I want a guy that has an open mind, who is thrilled about trying new things like new food, new activities or new music

Do you prefer blondes or brunettes?

Brunettes

Celebrity crush(es)?

Colin Egglesfield, Chris Brown, William Levy

So, if you’re lucky enough to see this Campus Cutie around Notre Dame, remember to send a smile her way.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: provided by interviewee

Erin Rose Howard is a sophomore Business and English major at the University of Notre Dame. Hailing from the beautiful state of New Mexico, you can find her around campus attempting to bring some of her NM sunshine to ND. She is a strong promoter of the four main food groups: coffee, Diet Coke, chocolate, and pizza. Erin Rose's interests include: food, fashion, family, and friends. You can find the rarely updated story of her life on Instagram @erin_rose_howard or on Twitter @erhoward96.