This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Congrats! You’ve made it through yet another round of finals. There is no better feeling than handing in that last exam or paper and knowing that you have over three months to take a break from the daily grind of school. The possibilites for things to do are endless and exciting. Even if you are going to have an intense internship, job, or have some sort of studying to do, be sure to make time to relax and have a bit of fun. 

Take a week off to think about a few things that you know you HAVE to do over the summer. Doing so will hold you more accountable, and will allow you to start mapping out your future plans. If you need some ideas, check out what some HCNDers have on their lists!

1.  “Read lots of books”

One of our writers wants to  “Read all the classics that are for some reason not on the PLS curriculum.” If you aren’t a PLS major, I would encourage you to read whatever you want, but also try to read a classic this summer too! I know I often gravitate to books on certain subjects that I know I will enjoy, but I want to try to step outside my comfort zone and check out other books as well! If you are looking for other ideas, check out this list.

2. “Run 8 miles without dying”

Trying to run like Phoebe for 8 miles may not be very effective, but if you want to start running or increase your mileage, try bringing a buddy a long! If you want to stay motivated, try signing up for a race towards the end of the summer. 

3. “Go to a Dave Matthews Concert”

Are there any performers you’ve been dying to see? If so, check to see if they are playing near you and buy some tickets!

4. “Get tan”

By now, most peoples’ spring break tans have faded, and its time to get some color again! Once you get that light tan, make sure to be diligent about applying that sunscreen. We all know how painful a burn can be.

5. “Exercise more often”

This one was on a lot of peoples’ lists! The summer is a good time to get yourself into the habit of exercising and there are lots of fun ways to do it. Seriously, find something that pumps you up and it will hardly ever feel like a chore! If you have a beach day planned, try kayaking, stand up paddleboarding or just taking a walk along the beach. Grab a friend and take a yoga class or search online for some fun at home workouts. 

6. “Be happy!”

[video:https://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM ]

I don’t know about you, but the craziness of finals and thinking about grades can get me a bit down. I have to make a conscious effort to break out of the mental rut when they are over. While the summer can be fun, internships and jobs can get stressful, but try to keep smiling! If you need some advice on how to be happier, check out this article

Feel free to listen to this song have yourself a little dance party to celebrate being done with finals and then get cracking on your own list!

Have a great summer ladies!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Sources: 1,2

Image 1: by author

Images: 2,3,4,5,6

Videos: 1

Abbey Murphy

Notre Dame

Abbey Murphy is a senior at Notre Dame from outside of Boston. She's majoring in pre-health studies and sociology and is passionate about all things related to health and wellness. She hopes to share information which will help collegiettes feel their best as they work towards reaching their goals.