This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

So, Thanksgiving’s all about stopping to appreciate what we are blessed with, the people in our lives, the fact that we go to Notre Dame. Thanksgiving is a day to pause and appreciate, while also overindulging on some delicious food of course.

But, seeing as we, as Americans, prefer not to pause all too often, it’s appropriate that the day after Thanksgiving is all its about fast pace and focus on acquiring.

Ahh, Black Friday. If you’re headed out this year to get a jumpstart on that Christmas list (or to fill a few gaps in your closet), make sure you’re prepared for what you’re up against. Get ready for a lot of people with food hangovers who are pushing, shoving, and stealing that cashmere sweater and cute coat from your hands (how DARE they!).

You’re probably going to wake up Friday morning feeling something like this…

or this depending on your type of Thanksgiving…

But, hey, you’re just going to have to shake it off.

Since you definitely over ate yesterday, and because of the high intensity shopping experience ahead of you, this is a great opportunity to wear those nice workout clothes… I mean, shopping is cardio, right?

So grab your girls!

And at the end of the day when your bank account hates you, you’ll still love yourself after all the wonderful steals you found on Black Friday.

Happy Shopping, Ladies!

Follow the HCND Pinterest account, and remember to keep posted with HCND on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

Images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

From the Beach to the Bend! I am a Junior Political Science major at the University of Notre Dame originally from Laguna Beach, CA (...yes, like the show). I am minoring in Constitutional Studies and Energy Studies, both of which are much more exciting than they sound I promise! In typical California style, I am obsessed with fish tacos and all things eco-chic! And I am constantly dancing or choreographing in my head!