Halloween Week: These Amazon Prime Gems Will Get You Halloween-Ready in No Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

‘Twas the day before Halloween and all through the ‘gram, Notre Dame students are stirring, looking for last-minute glam! If you haven’t had time to focus on much other than midterms and fall break festivities, don’t worry! I’ve scoured Amazon for you to find some hidden Halloween gems that will spruce up your Halloweekend in no time. The best part? They’re all Amazon Prime items, so they’ll be shipped and delivered to your door scary fast!

Hosting a Halloween Party? Pick These Decorations Up!

Whether you’re in the biggest single in Ryan or the smallest quad in Lyons, these decorations will be sure to make your room Halloweekend-ready! Start with a black light-up marquee letter message to set the mood. Mount it on your wall with command hooks or set it on a desk or dresser and surround it with spider webs to make it look super spooky. Next, set up a potion bar underneath this cute garland strand and stock it with drinks of your choice (bonus points if they’re blood red or slime green!). Serve your drinks in a big witch’s cauldron or opt for these pint-sized mini cauldrons instead so your guests can carry their drinks around with them. If your walls are looking a little drab, spruce them up with a retro Halloween movie poster or bat wall decals! Lastly, festive pillow case covers make it easy to rehaul your decor without having to spend a fortune on new furniture.

Need Help Finding a Costume in Time? Try These!

Medusa

I don’t know about you, but I am obsessed with gold snake jewelry–and what better way to incorporate this trend than in a Medusa costume? You can make your own toga out of a white bed sheet or buy one pre-wrapped online. From there, it’s all about the snakes and gold tones. Stock up on serpent earrings and a wraparound choker, and add some gold bangles to your arms if you have them. If you’re not planning on doing much walking–or if you want your costume photoshoot pictures to really shine–invest in a pair of golden strappy heels. No doubt you’ll find other occasions to wear these! For your hair, keep your natural color or use 1-day green hair dye to make it look really snakey. Use a curling wand to coil your locks and accessorize with snake barrettes.  

Nun of Your Business

Ever wanted to replicate the outfit of your favorite Mendoza boy–or girl–on their way to the Career Fair or a presentation? If so, now is your chance to cop their fit and put it to good use! Grab a friend (you’ll have to find one of these yourself), a suit and a nun’s habit and–viola!–you’ve got a pair costume that’s quick, clever and so Notre Dame. When someone asks, “What are you guys supposed to be?” you can respond back with “Nun of your business!” The best part of this costume is that if you lose your friend somewhere along the way on Halloweekend, your costume will still make sense without them! 

George WALSHington

These next two costumes are quick and easy because, other than the accessories from Amazon, all you need for them is a shirt or sweatshirt from a friend in Walsh or Zahm. First up is George WALSHington. In addition to a Walsh Hall t-shirt, grab a powdered wig and tricorn hat. Some lacey cuffs and knickers will bring this look from a casual last-minute costume to a put-together piece. Borrow long white socks from a friend and wear a pair of black shoes and you’re ready to lead a Revolutionary War army.

ZAHMbie

This costume works best if you find a friend from Zahm who doesn’t mind losing one of his shirts, because ZAHMbies definitely don’t wear pristine wrinkle-free t-shirts. You’re going to want to cut some tears into the shirt and make it look disheveled. Match it with a pair of pre-ripped leggings–so you don’t have to sacrifice any of your own–and spray your outfit with Bloody Mary’s Spray Blood to give it that authentic Walking Dead look. Grab a special effects bruise makeup wheel and red marker and give yourself some scary-looking scars and bruises. Finish off the outfit with a bloody knife headband to accessorize and you’ve got yourself a pretty convincing ZAHMbie costume!  

Other Halloween Items You’re Going to Want to Buy ASAP

Regardless of if these Halloween gifts are being sent to a friend or yourself, they’re the perfect purchase to treat yourself this spooky season. For those of us who miss the thrill of trick-or-treating for candy, this Halloween Care Package will deliver the snacks you love straight to your dorm room door. You’ll enjoy the treat of getting your snack stockpile filled with none of the trick of having to go out and buy the items yourself. If you love to cook or bake–or even if you don’t–you’ll love the Dash Pumpkin Pancake Press. Buy a bag of Bisquick pancake mix or get creative and make your own pumpkin-shaped pumpkin spice pancakes! Top with maple or chocolate syrup jack-o-lantern designs and you’ve got yourself a Halloween brunch that can’t be beat. Do you and your friends love to play games? If so, Amazon has a wealth of spooky-fun games for you to enjoy. Pick up Pick Your Poison or One Night Ultimate Werewolf and you’ll have played the night away before you know it!

Photos 1 (a, b, c, d, e, f), 2 (a, b, c, d, e, f), 3 (a, b), 4 (a, b, c, d, e), 5 (a, b, c, d, e), 6 (a, b, c)

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Tori Smith

Notre Dame '21

A political science and history major at ND, Tori loves board games, home games, and binge-watching The Great British Baking Show. When she's not writing listicles or trying to thrift together her wardrobe, you can find her planning events for Notre Dame's chapter of Her Campus and researching for her senior history thesis on Native American residential boarding schools.