Halftime Hottie: Anthony Caputo ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Becky G once poetically put, “I’m dancing in the mirror and singing in the shower,” and like Becky G, most of us only ever perform when we are by ourselves. But some people are willing to share their amazing voices with the rest of the world (or campus at least) and one of those people is Anthony Caputo. Anthony is a singing superstar, offering beautiful melodies for the acapella group Halftime here on campus. He is a freshman Business student residing in Dillion Hall and, ladies, he is single. However, Anthony is so much more than a handsome face and a beautiful voice, he is a campus celebrity.

I was lucky enough to score a coveted interview with this famous fightin’ Irishman, and here is what went down:

Name: Anthony Caputo

Year: 2018

Major: Undecided Business

Dorm: Dillion Hall

How did you get into acapella?

I actually came into ND not wanting to be a part of an acappella group, but one of my really good friends from high school (yeah go Fenwick, go Friars, yeah) is in Halftime and pretty much forced me to tryout even though I kept telling her I didn’t want to. But I went to the tryout, got a call back, and I could not thank her enough for forcing me to tryout; Halftime is so awesome and I am so happy that I can be a part of such an amazing group!

What’s your favorite song to sing?

“Take Me to Church” or “Mr. Brightside”

What’s your favorite thing about Halftime?

Everyone is just so awesome! From day one I felt welcomed into this very close-knit community and I am so grateful and #blessed that I can call every single member of Halftime my friend. Also they laugh at my jokes and when you are able to find a group of people that appreciate the moon emoji and vines as much as you do, you have definitely found your people.

Have you ever seen Pitch Perfect, if so what’s your opinion?

Yes I have seen Pitch Perfect, and it’s a good movie. However, the riff-off is not very realistic. It takes us days to perfect an arrangement and there is no way that the groups in Pitch Perfect can just whip out perfect harmonies and rhythm. *proverbial mic drop*

What’s one song that best describes you?

I didn’t really know how to answer this, so I asked some friends to help me out:

“Sexyback” – Lauren Bequette, Freshman

“Bootylicious” – Ted Cogan, Junior

“Anaconda” – Mary Catherine Watkins, Sophomore

“I Lived” – Will Lederer, Freshman

Who is the most eligible bachelor in Halftime?

Obviously me.

Celebrity crush?

Jennifer Lawrence

Why did you choose to come to Notre Dame?

Well, I went to a Catholic private school in Chicago (yeah go Fenwick, go Friars, yeah) and lived in a western suburb of Chicago. I also wanted to study business…so where else would I have gone?!?

What is your life motto?

When in doubt, swag it out

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!.

Images: provided by interviewee

Hannah Dunn

Notre Dame

Hannah Dunn is a sophomore Marketing and Film, Television and Theater major at ND. Born and raised in Westchester, NY, Hannah loves to lax it up with the Women's Club Lacrosse Team, but is never opposed to a Netflix and chill. If you need a good Ben and Jerry's ice cream recommendation be sure to ask her.