Get Yourself In the Holiday Spirit!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

It’s finally the most wonderful time of the year! Thanksgiving has come and gone, leaving us a few pounds heavier (thanks, pumpkin pie) and ready to dive headfirst into the Christmas season. Here are some easy ways to jump-start your holiday spirit and channel your inner Buddy the Elf.

Deck yourself out in some holiday gear. 

As if we needed a reason to spend more money there, the Notre Dame bookstore is selling these great ND Christmas sweaters! They are perfect for any ugly sweater parties you may be invited to. Holiday socks are also a fun and easy way to bring yourself tidings of comfort and joy.

EAT CHRISTMAS COOKIES.

Or candy canes. Or drink some hot chocolate. You can find an ultimate guide to Christmas cookies here, and this infographic has enough delicious hot chocolate recipes to last you the whole season.

Decorate your dorm.

Christmas lights give any room a cozy vibe, if you don’t have them up already. And if you have the space, putting a little Christmas tree in your dorm really helps to take your mind off of impending finals and think about the holiday cheer awaiting at home. If you don’t, decorating your door is a great option!

Turn on your holiday playlist.

And don’t turn it off until December 26. Blast Jingle Bell Rock to your heart’s content, maybe even doing the Mean Girls dance along with it. 

My favorite Christmas album is Sufjan Stevens’ Songs for Christmas, featuring contemporary acoustic versions of classics like Silent Night in addition to some unique and wonderfully original Christmas songs.

May your days be merry and bright, collegiettes.

Follow the HCND Pinterest account, pin with us, and remember to keep posted with HCND on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Emily Rodriguez is a sophomore English major and Business Economics minor at Notre Dame. She joined Her Campus during fall 2014 and loves to write about style, television, and movies. When not in class, she can be found singing with Halftime, contemplating going to the gym and ultimately not going, and thinking too much about Parks and Recreation.