This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

If you use TikTok, which I assume everyone does, you have come across Eli Rallo’s content in your For You Page at least once. And, if you are anything like me, what once started with a few videos making you hit that follow button turned you into a loyal subscriber of all her content. From comedy to reviews and rules, Eli Rallo is definitely the queen of modern day TikTokinfluencers. Or at least of what modern day TikTok creators should strive to be.

In the case that you do not know her, let me give you some background information. Eli (pronounced like Eli Manning) is a 22-year-old content creator who lives in New York City. She studied Theater at the University of Michigan, with minors in Political Science and Creative Writing. Then, she got her Masters in Journalism at Columbia University. Oh, and she is also a Her Campus alumna. Her Tik Tok account, @thejarr, got its name from the very thing that started her off – the Jar. Eli filled huge jars with different gluten-free snacks, creating her own personalized trail mixes. Then, she created the hot girl hypotheses. In this, she categorized different kinds of girls and how they are all hot in their own ways, because being hot is all in personality One of her most recent creative endeavors are her rules. She has a list of rules for everyday of the week, for special events, and even for holidays. These are a personal favorite of mine, as she includes the most random things together in a way that just makes sense.

I guess that is my favorite thing about Eli. The creativity she puts into everything is beyond unique. Her insights might jump out to you as peculiar once you are reading or listening to them, but at the end they all click together perfectly. Her advice and personality emanate a “big sister” energy, and all I know is that,after following her for a while, I would trust her with anything. Her content has something for everyone. If you want motivation to take the reins of your everyday life, follow her rules to fill out your day with little adventures. If you want recommendations for basically anything – food, skincare, Amazon buys, you name it – she has them. Eli’s content has something for anyone, no matter the kind of inspiration you are looking for.
She also has a platform for anyone. If your thing is Instagram, follow her camera roll dumps and ingenuous captions. Additionally, she does “Ask Advice Anything” question boxes in her stories often, where people can drop in and ask for her advice. I am still working on her answering one of my questions, but she once liked a DM I sent her so there’s that.If you are into audio, you can find her podcast Miss Congeniality with Eli Rallo on Spotify. If you like longer readings, subscribe to her newsletter Salt and the City. If you like even longer reads, brace yourself because she just signed with an agent and is working on a book deal. No matter what your motif is – you want to become more of an influencer, more of a writer, or more of a fitness lover, I urge you to check her out!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Gaby Del Rosario

Notre Dame '24

Hey! I’m Gaby, a freshman from Panama studying Economics and Political Science at the University of Notre Dame.